September 28, 2015
Weekly Happenings - 1st Six Weeks: Week 6
Monday, Sept. 28
- Lesson Plans Due - 8:30 a.m.
- Minimum of 10 Grades in Gradebook
- Attendance Meeting @ 3:45p.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 29
- PLC @ 3:45 in CILT room - Data Analysis
- Football vs. Tasby @ Franklin - 6:00/:30 (Davis)
Wednesday, Sept. 30
- New Teacher Academy @ 8:00 a.m. in Library
- 6th Grade and Elective Circle w/ Gutierrez @3:45 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 1
- Think College Thursdays - wear jeans with college t-shirt
- Volleyball vs. Tasby @ Medrano 6:00/7:00 p.m. (Manning)
Friday, Oct. 2
- Faculty Jeans Day w/ Spirit Shirt
- End of 1st Six Weeks
- Admin Meeting - 9:30 a.m.
- Painting with a Twist - 4:30 - 7:00 p.m.
- Boys and Girls CC - Seagoville
Eagle Excellence, Eagle Effort, Eagle Esteem
THIS WEEK'S BIRTHDAYS
A .Jones - Oct. 2
C. Garcia - Oct. 4
Faber - Oct. 5
Gross - Oct. 6
Morehouse - Oct. 8
Norton - Oct. 11
Berry - Oct. 14
Guico - Oct. 15
Cervantes - Oct. 15
Montoya - Oct. 24
Lewis - Oct. 30
Transitions are the points during a class when students end one activity and begin another or physically move from one place to another. “Messy transitions are an invitation to disruptions and conflicts”. The link below will give you some more ideas to ensure that your transitions help maximize instructional time.
Oct. 6 - Verify Grades
Oct. 6 - PLC for DDI
Oct. 12 - Parent Conferences (Mandatory)
Oct. 23 - Progress Report Grades Due
Oct. 27 - Issue Progress Reports
Oct. 29 - Math and Social Studies Common Assessment
Oct. 30 - ELAR and Science Common Assessment
Francisco Medrano Middle School - Key Actions 2015-16
1.) Sustain a positive culture and climate, through increase parental involvement and positive behavior interventions.
2.) Improve the quality of instruction for students in reading and writing through effective and differentiated professional development.
3.) Improve student achievement for students all in all core content areas through continuous progress monitoring.
4.) Develop a common culture of high achievement expectations that promote college readiness.