BAMS Staff Newsletter
February 14, 2016 - Volume 3, Issue 20
Be Awesome Today!!
Bessie Allen Middle School - SLO & Goals
By June of 2016, 80% of students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade will show growth in their opinion writing rubric score from the September 2015 opinion writing rubric score.
***Mid-Year Update: 62% of our students are showing growth. Grade levels noted that students have shown improvement in "citing and using evidence" in their writing. "Knowing the audience" was a skill that the data showed our students needed improvement in.***
- Have Patience and Courage
- Purposefully Use Learning Targets/Lesson Goals for Every Lesson
- Have Solution Based Discussions
- Be an Award Winning School - DPI School of Recognition/PBIS School of Merit
Driving Question for 2015-2016:
What have we changed with our instruction to prepare all our students for higher level thinking opportunities?
News and Notes
- Literacy and Math Data - Please stop into the Team Room and review our literacy and math data. We have much to be proud about with our benchmark data from Fall to Winter. Winter to Spring is huge for us this year. We need to help our students take another jump in the next few months. We did not see that last year. We will review where we are at the inservice on Friday.
- C/I interviews - The interviews have been moved to March 3rd.
- Our data wall in the Team Room has been updated. Please take time to review our grade level and schoolwide data. All data is in the file cabinet and available for you to access.
- Don't forget about taking accurate daily attendance. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with this.
- Please stop into the office to fill out a time sheet if you are covering a duty or class for someone else. In the past, Joan helped fill these time sheets out, but I instructed Brenda and Jennifer to let staff keep track of this themselves. The form can then be turned into the office for me to sign off on it. Come see me if you have questions about this change.
- Walking Field Trips - Please let Jennifer and Brenda know in advance about any walking field trips. They will get medicine and permission slips ready for you. For the safety of our students and to cover yourself, you need to have these items. Stop in the office if you have any questions.
- Don't forget, Survey Analysis forms are due tomorrow.
- Staff Meeting Canceled for this Week - We are not going to have our staff meeting on Wednesday. With the Inservice on Friday, we will use some of that time to have a staff meeting. The main topics will be the Wisconsin Forward Exam and Review of Schoolwide Data.
- Food for PT Conferences - There will be food provided for both nights of PT Conferences. Thank you in advance for your time on these nights.
Out of the Office
- February 16 - Admin Meeting, 9-11am, DMR
- February 16 - Regional Spelling Bee, noon-3pm, Oshkosh
- February 23 - Admin Meeting, 9-11am, DMR
- March 3 - District ELL Meeting, 7:45-9am, Cafe
Oriole Way - Be Ready, Be Respectful, Be Safe
Minor Behavior form link - here
Major Behavior form link - here
Why Do We Discipline? = To Maintain Safety, To Teach, and To Build Relationships
- We are well on our way to being a school of recognition for PBIS. We have some big goals for the last months of the year. We will review data and our schoolwide matrix at Inservice on Friday
- NEXT Meeting - February 17th, 7am
OASYS and Teacher Effectiveness
To Do List
- Complete Survey Analysis - CONTINUING Educators/Specialists - Due February 15th
- Complete Documentation Log - Due by May 15th
- Make 2 Professional Visits to Another Classroom - Due by End of Year
Click Here for a link to Teacher Effectiveness Info from CESA 6
Click Here for a Teacher Effectiveness Calendar for EDUCATORS/SPECIALISTS
Dates to Remember
- February 17 - Smiles for Life at BAMS
- February 19 - District Inservice - no students
- February 22- Mid-Quarter Grades Due 3pm
- February 22 - PT Conferences 3pm-7pm
- February 22 - School Board Meeting 7pm
- February 24 - PT Conferences 3pm-6:30pm
- February 25 - 6th Grade Skating Field Trip
- February 26 - No School
- February 27 - Vocal Solo & Ensemble Grades 7-12, WLA
- March 3 - Curriculum Director Interviews, 4-8pm, DMR
*See Google Doc titled "2015-2016 BAMS Yearly Calendar" for a look at events for the entire year.