Week 6 - September 28 - October 2
French IV - YL - Section 1 - Fall 2015
Semaine Numéro Six
1. La Réalisation 2A, Devoir
2. La Réalisation 2B, Devoir Oral
3. La Réalisation Quiz Section 2
There will be a progress report on Tuesday, September 29. It will be available to schools in registration on Thursday, October 1. Parents, please inquire at your child's school about progress report distribution.
Alternate textbook links:
Les Vestiges Romains
Required Live Classroom Sessions
To access the live classroom, students should click the link in Blackboard titled "Live Classroom French 4." It is suggested that for the first time they arrive approximately 15 minutes early to ensure that they are able to enter the chat room and check the functionality of all tools. Students should log in with both their first and last names, or if attending by teleconference, they should identify themselves to the instructor upon entry.
Participating in the Culture Café & Completing the Assignment:
During each Culture Café session, you'll join many other students in the "virtual classroom" to learn and share with each other and the teacher. The teacher will have a formal PowerPoint presentation and go over the specified cultural presentation. You need to take notes, as you will have to include a copy of your notes (that has your name and the date). (You can take notes by typing on a computer during the session and uploading the document to the specific assignment page OR you can hand write your notes, take a pic of them and upload to the specific assignment page.)
After attending each Culture Café session, you need to answer the following questions (with your notes accounting for #3):
- What date did you attend?
- What was the topic?
- Who was/were the presenter/s (first and last name/s)?
- What did you cover/learn? (You should include the copy of your notes that has at least 10 things learned. SCREEN SHOTS ARE NOT NOTES!!!)
- Complete a 5 sentence reflection on the Central Theme given by the teacher at the end of the Culture Café Presentation. Submissions without this will not be counted.
Students can access both the Culture Café calendar of events and the classroom through the link in the course. The classroom has also been linked to the title above. There are two sessions scheduled for this week:
* Tuesday, September 29 - Latin: Roman Names @ 5pm.
* Wednesday, September 30 - French: Paris, France @ 4:15pm.
* Wednesday, September 30 - Japanese: The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens @ 7pm.
Each session should last approximately one hour.