MP1 Week 8 Chat
- View the VoiceThread Presentation
- Grab your Inventor's Notebook and begin sketching ideas!
- List list the materials you will need in your notebook!
- Begin creating your solar oven!
*Your solar oven does not to be completed by this week! However, please get started as next week we'll need them ready so we can take their temperature!
Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit
- German scientist named Gabriel Fahrenheit
- Had an idea (1714)
- Mercury expands and contracts a lot with temperature
- Mercury doesn't evaporate
- Set up his own scale for measuring temperature
- 32 degrees freezing point, 212 degrees boiling point
- Scale based on the 360 degrees in a circle: Water boils at 212 degrees so - 180 degrees equals it's freezing point. Strange, but true!