The Daly News 11/12/18
Manatee Elementary Staff Newsletter
- Veteran's Day - Holiday for All...enjoy your day off, you deserve a break.
- Daly Out
- PTO Meeting after school, they have a big gift basket to give out in the teacher raffle.
- 2nd Interim Ends
- Data Team during planning
- Daly Out
- SAC Meeting 3:00 pm
- Daly Out
- 4th Grade Performance at 6:00 pm
- Chick-fil-A Spirit Night (5th Grade)
November 16 Hat Day
- Send your Hat Day donations to the front office by 9:00 am.
- Early Release at 1:15pm
- Faculty Meeting (bring your laptop), Snacks provided by 6th Grade
- Interims get sent electronically to parents on November 19th. The district is giving schools the option of printing also, this year will continue to print.
- Each individual teacher must print their own interims. These are to be sent home on November 27th
- Admin will post interims (send them electronically) on November 19th at 3:00 pm. Your interims needs to be complete before that.
- Melissa Woods will be here all day on November 9th, If you have questions be sure to meet with her so you understand this process. This is her last scheduled visit so it would be a good idea to think ahead for report card time and ask your questions now.
Manatee Gives Back Presentation December 6th
Advertising for this will begin on 11/9 and be done via school newsletter, Blackboard emails directly to the parents and the Facebook page. The flyers are attached below for your information.
- Grades 2, 3 &4
- Charity- Friends of Children of Brevard
- 11/19 is the last day to RSVP to sponsor a child
- K & 1
- Brevard Humane Society
- Grades 5 & 6
- Family Promise of Brevard
- Dear Manatee Teachers,We are looking to enhance the Manatee Meadow and need a couple of your great ideas to stimulate learning, increase usage & create more opportunities for the students enjoy the Meadow! The Green Committee would like to fund a couple of projects this year, up to $50 each. Please review the attached flyer for all the details. Deadline is November 28. From, Barbara Tomchuk
Math Adoption Survey: Want a voice in our new math adoption? Please complete an online survey to provide input on the math textbooks. There is a link under district news on the BPS homepage which will take them to a document with information about the adoption. In that document they will find links to access the materials as well as the survey. It will be open until 5 PM on November 12th. (optional)
Due to Hurricane Michael, the deadline to submit your signed 2018 – 2019 BPS Best and Brightest teacher application, official/original (no photocopies) SAT/ACT score report, and H516 panel print screen has been extended to December 3, 2018.
Please note: The District’s Best and Brightest committee has access to ProGOE (evaluation system), so you are strongly encouraged to not delay the submission of your application until such time that your student achievement scores have been calculated.
The District’s web page pertaining to the 2018 – 2019 Best and Brightest Teacher Scholarship may be found at 2018-2019 Best and Brightest Teacher Scholarship Program or by navigating to “Staff, Best and Brightest” directly from the District’s website. Here you find the BPS Scholarship application, instruction, as well as a Frequently Asked Questions section. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact: