Message from Mrs. Sivadasan
Greetings Endeavour Families,
As we are about to head into winter break I want to wish you all a wonderful holiday season. Whatever your beliefs or traditions are, I hope that you are able to spend some quality time with your loved ones. The Endeavour students and staff alike have worked very hard this school year and all deserve some time to relax. Before you know it, we will hit the ground running after the break and it will be as if we never left! Have a safe and healthy holiday season and we will see you in 2019!
School Improvement Plan
- Moved our K-5 students from 67% proficiency to 77% proficiency
- 87% of our ELL students were able to improve by at least three points in the area of Structure, which is an important foundation skill to have in writing.
- The cohort trend data shows that our students are becoming stronger in the writing areas of, craft and development.
For the next three years our staff has decided that we will focus our School Improvement Plan in the area of Reading. Our goal for our K-5 students is to improve the level of proficiency on the Fountas and Pinnell (F&P) Reading Assessment.
Our GAP goal focus is our Special Education Students. We would like to improve their level of proficiency on the F & P assessment as well.
Some specific ways we are targeting our SIP goals for this year are:
- Staff book study around best instructional practices for reading
- Sending Grade level representatives to Professional Development in the area of literacy
- Staff Professional Development focused on guided reading and strategy groups
- Staff Professional Development focused on differentiated instruction in the area of literacy
- General Ed and Special Ed collaboration time
Endeavour Smarter Balanced Assessment Cohort Scores 2016-18
Issaquah School District Smarter Balanced Assessment Cohort Scores 2016-18
Winter Weather is Coming – Snow Day, Snow Stops, and Emergency
School closures and delays are announced early in the morning, usually between 6:00 and 6:30 a.m. If you anticipate emergency transportation conditions, please check for an announcement on TV, radio, or the Internet.
To receive closure information straight from the district:
- Make sure you are receiving District eNews. Sign up on our website. Weather delay notifications will NOT be sent via individual school eNews.
- Check the ISD homepage, www.issaquah.wednet.edu.
- Subscribe to receive ISD emergency news at www.FlashAlert.net (for weather emergencies only)
- Check the recorded messages at (425) 837- 7000 (Administration) or (425) 837-6333 (Transportation).
This mailer includes information on snow routes and emergency stops, as well as program cancellations and schedule changes due to inclement weather. The bulletin also includes information on communication of school delays or closure.
Equity and Cultural Competency
We have been issued our permits and the concrete has been poured for the foundation of the new wing. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will having the framing up for the structure of the new building.