Jan 24-28, Volume 22
We Value Family
Message from Principal and AP
Hi Norwood Families!
Last week, 2nd/3rd/4th/5th graders completed their Math/Reading MAP assessments to determine their middle of year growth. If your child was absent, we will have them test this week. We have MANY celebrations of growth.
This week, K/1st will be taking their Math/Reading MAP. Please make all efforts for your child to be at school and on time to start smoothly. Again, we are pumped to share with your their growth in upcoming parent/teacher conferences.
Save the Dates!
- Feb 8th, PreK Family Engagement Night 6-7:30PM (Door Prizes)
- Feb 10th, Valentine's Exchange in Class, no outside visitors
(Teachers to send class list today)
- Feb 18th, Family Movie Night (Doors open at 5:45, Movie starts at 6:00)
Yearbooks are for sale! Check out the Image Share App below to purchase.
Yearbooks are $22, going up $5 on Feb 1st. Check out just a few of the pictures we have slated for the yearbook in our video below.
Also, if you have pictures to add to yearbook from events, please download Image Share App.
Click Here to access FAQs about calendar, drop off, dismissal, etc.
Continue to encourage wearing house colors on Mondays.
Red house won this week!!!
If you have any questions, please call our front office at 817-245-3400.
Striving for excellence,
Mrs. Cook & Mrs. Booher
School of Choice
School of Choice lottery is coming up in February. If you know any BISD families that would be interested in attending Norwood Environmental Science- share the word of the awesome additions we have on our campus.
- 800 sq ft Greenhouse
- Access to Bailey Lake
- Environmental Science built into instructional day during Rotations
- Every child has an opportunity to hands-on science learning
2022-2023 Lottery Application Windows
All lottery applications can be accessed at BURLESONISD.SCHOOLMINT.NET
Open at 8 a.m. February 3, 2022. Close at 4 p.m. on February 10, 2022.
Attendance Is Vital!
very week- we will post our attendance to show which grade is in the lead.
Image Share, Yearbook App
The more photos you share, the better our yearbook will be for everyone! It's easy; submit your photos today. Final day to submit photos: March 1, 2022.
To upload photos from your mobile phone:
- search for Balfour Image Share in your app marketplace
- download the app and create your account:
- enter your name, email and our project number: 222887
- check your email for a confirmation code
- enter it, select a username & password to complete registration
- images should be in Jpeg or png format
- maximum file size 20 mb per image
Your child can earn points for their house by participating with you at home.
Below is some clear norms we encourage at school that you can support at home.
Dinner Table Talk
We do similar questions like this at school. It's a fun and relaxed way to gain incite of our children's thoughts.
Note from Nurse Madewell
For all COVID-19 related questions or concerns, please call or email me at…
Follow this link for City of Burleson vaccine and testing information. https://www.burlesontx.com/coronavirus