Tuesdays with Morrie
By: Mitch Albom
- Mitch Albom - Mitch is the author of the book, who tells the story of his meetings with Morrie. Mitch was a student of Morrie's, who promised to keep in touch following his college graduation. However, life happened and Mitch and Morrie lost touch. Mitch becomes a sports journalist in Detroit. After seeing his old professor years later on an ABC show, Mitch reconnects with Morrie. The two pledge to meet every Tuesday, where Mitch records the lessons he learns from his professor, years after getting his diploma.
- Morrie Schwartz - Morrie is a Sociology professor at Brandeis University. He connects with one former student (Mitch Albom) and during the end of his life, as he battles ALS, meets with him every Tuesday to discuss many of life's topics. These Tuesday meetings become Morrie's final lesson.
- Ted Koppel - Ted Koppel is a famous television newsman. He interviews Morrie three times for the “ABC's Nightline” show. He eventually describes Morrie as his friend and is almost in tears during his last interview with Morrie.
- Connie - Connie is Morrie’s at-home health care aide. She assists Morrie in going to the bathroom, getting up and into his chair and also with his meals.
- Charlotte - Charlotte is Morrie’s wife, who is also a college professor. She keeps her job as a professor even while Morrie is sick because it is what Morrie wishes for her to do.
- Janine - Janine is Mitch’s wife. She takes a phone call from Morrie, whom she had never met, and accompanies Mitch to his next visit with Morrie. As a professional singer, she never sings upon request, however, when Morrie asked her to sing she did without hesitation and brought him to tears stunning Mitch.
- Peter - Peter is Mitch’s younger brother who lives in Spain. He has pancreatic cancer and refuses any help from his family. With the help and advice from Morrie, Mitch reaches out to him and is in a good relationship with him again at the end of the novel.
But believe me, when you are dying, you see it is true. We all have the same beginning - birth - and we all have the same end - death. So how different can we be?
Invest in the human family. Invest in people. Build a little community of those you love and who love you."
― Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie
""Once You Learn How to Die, You Learn How to ... | Tuesdays with Morr..."Pinterest. Web. 07 Nov. 2013.
"Order In The Chaos." Order In The Chaos. Web. 07 Nov. 2013.
"Tuesdays With Morrie." Tuesdays With Morrie. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Nov. 2013
"Inspiration: Morrie Schwartz | Mitchalbom.com." Inspiration: Morrie Schwartz | Mitchalbom.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Nov. 2013.
"Tuesdays With Morrie: Summary and Book Reviews of Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom." BookBrowse.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Nov. 2013.
"Peace Sign Earth Button." Northern Sun. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Nov. 2013.