What cosmetologist do...
- Inspect and analyze hair, skin, and scalp to recommend treatment
- Discuss hairstyle options
- Wash, color, lighten, and condition hair
- Chemically change hair textures
- Cut, dry, and style hair
- Receive payments from clients
- Clean and disinfect all tools and work areas
Average Annual Wage$26,610
Entry Annual Wage$16,580
Experienced Annual Wage$41,020
Average Hourly Wage$12.79
Entry Hourly Wage$7.97
Experienced Hourly Wage$19.72
Median Hourly Wage$11.09
The average hours a cosmetologist works is 40 hours. Depending on if you work part-time, full-time, or have your own company affects the flexibility of work schedule.