Chisholm Ridge Wranglers Weekly
CRES Mission Statement
Wrangler pride is working together to reach our goals in learning and life.
Life Principle of the Week: Responsibility
Responsibility- making the choice to be reliable and dependable.
Quote: "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt
Click here for lessons on responsibility: http://www.greatexpectations.org/Websites/greatexpectations/images/pdf/lp_posters/Responsibility%20quote.pdf
This Week at The Ridge
Tuesday: Regular Schedule, PLC Meetings in room A17. This room will be our place to hang regular data reviews, norms, progress monitoring, and celebrations. Please plan on meeting here grades K-3, reading for grades 4 and 5. Grade 3 & 4 to Science CLC. CRES recognized at Fort Worth City Council Meeting for Blue Zones Approval.
Wednesday: Cook/Kiser off campus. Grade 1 & 2 to Science CLC.
Thursday: Regular Schedule, Watch Dogs & Pizza at 6:00 in cafeteria. Grade 5 to Science CLC.
Friday: Wrangler Round-Up, please send representative to set up gym by 7:00. Wear your CRES shirt with jeans. KDG to Math/ Science CLC.
Great idea for Birthday Celebration from Courtney Wimberley!
Teacher To Do List:
- Check your hallway bulletin boards-- Is the student work current? Does it show evidence of higher level thinking? Remember that evidence of thinking is better than pretty!
- T-TESS Goals due in Strive by September 29. Make sure they are entered in the Evaluation tab of Strive, NOT under Goals.
Sept. 30: End of 2nd Three Weeks/ 9 Weeks.
Oct. 3- Fall Pictures
Oct. 5: Vision/ Hearing Screening for grades K, 1, 3, 5.
Oct. 6: Big Kahuna Kick-Off
Oct. 9/10: Staff Development, Student Holiday
Oct. 12: Employee Flu Shots
Oct. 23- 27: Red Ribbon Week; Ranger Captain Assembly on Oct. 26 at 8:00 in gym.
Oct. 27: Fall Festival and Movie Night
Nov. 3: PTA Meeting and Spaghetti Dinner
Nov. 15-17: 5th Grade to Camp El Tesoro
- To Sandra Young for jumping in and monitoring students during PTA presentation on Human Trafficking! Great problem solving on your feet!
- To Donna Hahler and Mandy Culp for having tremendous patience and flexibility!
- To Niesha Hayes for bringing Girls, Inc. to the Ridge!
- To Dave, Natasha, Joanna, and Sandra for flexing with your Specials time to allow for Girls, Inc.