November 5, 2021 Vol 2. Issue 11
Message from Principal Masone
Welcome to the month of November and the beautiful colors of fall. November has brought us great learning opportunities for both staff and students.
Fourth grade has been studying Native American tribes that have lived in Colorado: Ute, Cheyenne and Arapaho. Kindergarten has been learning about trees, deciduous and evergreens, while second grade has been exploring Ancient Greece and the Olympics. Second grade students even had the opportunity to meet an Olympian virtually. Our curriculum, CKLA, Core Knowledge Language Arts, is filled with myriad opportunities to learn more about social studies, science, history and literature. If you want to learn more about our Language Arts curriculum, check out CKLA.
One of our goals at MSES is to increase student engagement. Our staff is exploring student engagement through a book study called, 7 Steps to a Language Rich Classroom, by Bill Perryman and John Seidlitz. This week, our Instructional Coach, Natascha Leonardo, taught our staff a new strategy from the book called QSSSA. QSSSA is an acronym for: Question, Signal, Stem, Share, Assess. Learn more here: QSSSA.
Our Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) is meeting the second Tuesday of each month at 10:00am and 5:30pm, in person. The next meeting is November 9th. PAC is planning on helping MSES fund a service dog and would like your input and suggestions. Join us to hear more!
Have a lovely weekend!
- Nov 9 - PAC Meeting 10:00am and 5:30pm
- Nov 10 - Late Start Wednesday (2 Hour Delay)
- Nov 12 - COVID Vaccine Clinic 12pm - 4pm - see flyer below
- Nov 16 -SAC meeting, 8:15am
- Nov 17 - Late Start Wednesday (2 Hour Delay)
- Nov 22-26 - Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 1 - Late Start Wednesday (2 Hour Delay)
- Dec 8 - Late Start Wednesday (2 Hour Delay)
- Dec 15 - Late Start Wednesday (2 Hour Delay)
- Dec 20 - Jan 5 - Winter Holiday Break
Kindergarten: Ask Your Expert
Second Grade: Ask Your Expert
Breakfast and lunch are free for all students. We would still like all families that qualify to fill out the Free and Reduced Lunch form on our district website.