Dutch Fork Elementary
Academy of Environmental Sciences - Week of Jan. 18 -
- We believe all people deserve to feel safe, valued, and loved.
- We believe all children are naturally curious about the world around them.
- We believe learning is a social process.
- We believe inquiry fosters an environment of noticing and questioning.
- We believe learning should be viewed from multiple perspectives.
- We believe in learning from authentic primary and secondary sources.
- We believe in encouraging learners to take risks.
- We believe reflection should lead to change and growth.
- We believe that learning should lead to social action.
- We believe our actions should be aligned with our beliefs.
DFES Academic Goals 2015-2016
- By the conclusion of the 2015-2016 school year 65% of 2nd-5th graders will meet or exceed their spring MAP reading growth goal.
- By the conclusion of the 2015-2015 school year homeroom teachers will receive a minimum of 10 hours of environmental sciences professional development to build teacher capacity and to support magnet theme integration.
Celebrating MLK's Legacy
As we honor the legacy of MLK I am grateful that our school has embraced taking social action to make DFES, our community, and our world a better place!
District Leadership Tuesday
Tuesday, Jan. 19th, 3:15-4:15pm
District leadership teams meet this coming Tuesday. We will meet with all remaining certified staff in the media center.
DFES Environmental Science Fair
Wednesday, Jan. 20th, 9am-1pm
Our 2nd environmental science fair is scheduled for this Wednesday. A great deal of work has been done by A. Umberger, our 5th grade scientists, and fifth grade teachers.
This process truly embodies all 10 of our school beliefs. Our fifth graders will move into the role of teachers as they share insights from their inquiries on Wednesday.
We are thankful for the collection of talent that A. Umberger has pulled together to serve as judges. We are asking faculty and staff to utilize rear parking to accommodate our visitors. This includes parking near the first grade hall. Thanks!
Out of Office Wednesday, January 20th
Fox Fun Thursday
Thursday, Jan. 21st, 8am-1pm
Tag of Honor Ceremonies
Friday, Jan. 22nd, 8am-2:15pm
We look forward to our second tag ceremonies of this year. As a reminder please utilize rear parking to accommodate our visitors. Jeans with spirit wear can be worn Thursday. Professional wear Friday.