Walden PTO Weekly May 7, 2021
IN THIS ISSUE
- SCHOOL SUPPLY KITS ON SALE UNTIL JUNE 3
- ROOM PARENTS NEEDED 2021-2022
- WALDEN PERSONALIZED BRICKS FOR SALE
- SHOP LOCAL MAY 14 - 16
- TEACHER APPRECIATION - THANK YOU
- URGENT - PARKING LOT PROTOCOL/SAFETY
- PTO VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
ROOM PARENTS NEEDED FOR 2021/2022 SCHOOL YEAR
The room parent committee is now collecting names for room parents for the 2021/2022 school year! Each teacher will have two room parents. **Room parents will be required to attend an evening informational meeting in August and Open House. Room parent responsibilities include collecting money for classroom parties and teacher gifts, coordinating volunteers, and serving as classroom liaison, which includes communicating with the teacher and class parents. Room Parents will be assigned in August the week before school starts once class lists are communicated. Please e-mail Stephanie Blumberg- email@example.com with the name and grade of your child next year, and include YOUR name, email, and phone number If you have multiple children at Walden, please list all grades and preference. Thanks!
WALDEN PERSONALIZED BRICKS FOR SALE
SHOP LOCAL MAY 14 - 16
TEACHER APPRECIATION - THANK YOU
A special thank you to PTO volunteers Angie Butera, Mindy Kallsnick, and Julie Warhaftig for organizing such an outstanding week for our incredible staff. We appreciate all that you did to make everyone feel special!
URGENT - PARKING LOT PROTOCOL/SAFETY (2ND POSTING)
- ONE LINE FOR WAITING TO PICK UP.
- DO NOT FORM A SECOND OR EVEN A THIRD LINE AS THIS BLOCKS THE PASS-THRU LANE WHICH IS A MAJOR SAFETY HAZARD. IF THERE IS NO MORE ROOM - MOVE ON AND PARK!
- PULL ALL THE WAY UP TO THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU - YOU CAN NOT PICK AN AREA TO WAIT. THIS BLOCKS ALL THE TRAFFIC BEHIND YOU.
- DO NOT EXIT YOUR CAR AT ANY POINT. IF YOUR CHILD NEEDS YOU TO GREET THEM AT THE DOORS, THEN YOU SHOULD NOT BE IN THE PICK-UP LINE.
- KINDY PARENTS/CAREGIVERS SHOULD NOT BE IN THE PICK-UP LINE. KINDY STUDENTS MUST BE PICKED UP AT THE WEST DOORS BY AN AUTHORIZED ADULT OR OLDER SIBLING. WAVING OUT YOUR CAR WINDOW AT THE TEACHER TO SEND YOUR CHILD OVER IS NOT PERMISSIBLE.
- IF THE LOT IS FULL UP TO THE BUS CIRCLE, THEN THE DEERFIELD POLICE WILL TEMPORARILY CLOSE THE LOT UNTIL ALL BUSES HAVE ARRIVED.
- WE UNDERSTAND SOME PARENTS/CAREGIVERS MAY TELL THEIR STUDENT(S) TO MEET THEM AT A CERTAIN SPOT IN THE LOT, HOWEVER, THAT IS MOST LIKLEY NOT POSSIBLE. HAVE YOUR STUDENT(S) AWARE AND LOOKING FOR YOUR CAR, OR IF YOUR CHILD IS ANXIOUS, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED PARENTS/CAREGIVERS PARK ON WARWICK OR SURROUNDING STREETS AND WALK OVER TO THE SCHOOL.
- IF YOUR STUDENT(S) NEEDS A SPECIFIC SPOT TO MEET YOU - THEN PICK A STREET OFF SCHOOL GROUNDS AND HAVE THEM WALK THERE.
- FINALLY - PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHER PARENTS/CAREGIVERS, WALDEN STAFF, AND THE DEERFIELD POLICE OFFICERS IN THE LOT.
Please review these guidelines and share with anyone that may be picking up your student(s), We all have the same end goal - if everyone follows the rules then things will run smoothly and all our students will be safe.
PTO VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Are you interested in becoming more involved in the Walden PTO next school year? We have the following Committee Chair openings for the 2021-22 school year. Please email Mandy (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Erika (email@example.com) if you are interested in any of these PTO opportunities! It is a fun way to get involved with your child's school!
Pancake Breakfast - This committee plans the annual Pancake Breakfast which typically takes place in April. Co-chairs will coordinate with teachers and staff who volunteer to cook.
Veteran's Day (shadow) - This committee coordinates a welcome breakfast for Veterans and their families, a school-wide assembly honoring our veterans & educating our students, and classroom meet & greets with servicemen and women. The Shadow will learn from the current Committee Head and then take over the role the following school year.
5th Grade Robert Crown - 4 parents needed to coordinate for boys and girls presentations.
Ice Cream Social- *2021-22 5th Grade Parents Needed!* to help plan this awesome event that brings our students together the first week of school. It's great way to get involved and meet other Walden parents at the beginning of the school year.