Global Peace Project 2022
Participate In Peace Video
International Day of Peace
International Day of Peace, September 21st, provides a powerful and inspiring opportunity to engage children and youth in diverse activities related to peace, unity and making a positive difference in their world. Meaningful involvement can help set a tone of respect and unity early in the academic year. Do you want to be a part of that?
Peace Project Video
Hi, my name is Cheryl McCrorey and I'm a school library media coordinator at South Elementary in Mooresville, NC, USA. I'm so excited about this project which was started in 2014 by Lisa Parisi, an award winning educator in Hyde Park, New York. Lisa aimed to enable today’s children to make the world a better place in the future. I began participating in 2015 and have LOVED being a part of it. Lisa is now enjoying retirement, and I volunteered to take over the project in 2019. It's just such a rewarding project, Lisa and I didn't want it to come to an end. Classes all over the world participate, and being a part of such a project is so empowering for our children! I hope you will join us in this exciting project that joins students from all over the world in celebrating PEACE! Check out our video from last year, 2021.
Here are past videos:
Here's How It Works!!!!!
- Fill out form in this Smore if you would like to participate!
- This year's song is Put A Little Love In Your Heart. Practice singing the song several times a day for the next few weeks.
- Make a video of your class singing the song. The video can be a partial part of the song, please make it at least one minute.
- You may also make a short action video of your class in action focusing on peace such as holding signs, participating in something together, dancing. You may also send photos along with or in place of short action video.
- All videos and pics must be turned in NO LATER than Friday, Sept. 16th- PLEASE.
- Here is a video with vocals to sing along with while learning.
- Here is video with lyrics only!
- Another lyric video.
- Printable Lyrics
- DO NOT RECORD until you receive a track to record with. I am in collaboration with Mooresville High School in NC, USA. They will record a musical track with lyrics that I will share with you. We will have no copyright issues this way as well as collaboration with a talented group of students!!! I will send that out in the next few weeks.
- Please put videos and files in this shared folder. Maker SURE that your name and school name is on all files!!!!
Contact me with any questions or ideas!!!!!
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions as you prepare for the project, OR if you are considering participating but just aren't sure about something!!!