Mrs. Wolff's Lit Nook
Where Reading Is an Adventure
Quote of the Week:
Hello, Parents and Students:
Following is a list of important dates to keep in mind as we approach the end of the semester:
- 10.03.15: Spring 2016 Course Registration
- 10.07.15: Young Georgia Authors Contest Entry Due
- 10.12.15: Poe Virtual Field Trip Essay Response Due (See "News Alert" on my Home Page)
- 10.15.15: Finish The Catcher in the Rye.
- 10.23.15: Registration Begins for Fall 2015 EOCT
- 11.15.15: Final Persuasive Essay Due: Hemingway Short Story
- Please call me as soon as you need help with something we're reading, writing, or studying.
- Join me during my "Office Hours" every Monday at 7:00 p.m. Topics of discussion during my office hours this week:
--Literature: "The Raven" and "The Black Cat"--Dark Romanticism, cont'd
--MLA: Citing journal articles as sources for your research papers
--Grammar: "who" v. "that" in a sentence
--Writing: "The 1-2-3 Rule" in Main Point Paragraphs
Click on the button to enter my ThingLink WebQuest of Poe's "The Raven." This site contains videos, interactive web sites, and a link to the Poe Museum, among other sites, to assist you in your journey to understand Poe, the man.