Sunflower Homes Newsletter
March 22, 2023
Upcoming Events and Activities
- April 8 Egg Hunt, 1:00 p.m.
Please arrive by 12:45 p.m. to register
Brought to you by our local Girl Scouts
Located in the Hanford Commons
- April 19 Board Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
Located at Hanford Clubhouse
- May 10 Swim Lesson Sign-up, 6:00 p.m.
Register at the Hanford Clubhouse
- May 11-13 Garage Sale, starts at 9 a.m.
(Thurs - Sat)
- May 17 Board Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
Located at Hanford Clubhouse
- May 27 Pools Open, 12 p.m.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: LIFEGUARDS
Sunflower is looking for Red Cross-certified Lifeguards to work the pools this summer. Applicants must be 16 or older before May 26. Full and part-time positions are available from early May to Labor Day. Pick up an application at the Hanford Sunflower Office. Please apply by April 1. A work permit is required if the applicant is under the age of 16.
Curbside Pickup of Residential Yard Waste begins April 3
On the heels of the recent snow/ice storm which snapped many tree branches, it is important to remember that there are guidelines from Canton Township on how to prepare those branches for curbside pickup.
This information is shared from Canton Township:
You can access the Canton Township Solid Waste Collection Guidelines and Rules here
Curbside pickup of residential yard waste begins April 3 and lasts through December 15.
- Place yard waste out separately from your refuse and recyclables on your regular pickup day.
- Place yard waste on the opposite side of your drive from the refuse.
- Yard waste containers must be labeled. CONTAINERS OVER 50 POUNDS OR OVER 32 GALLONS IN SIZE OR PLASTIC BAGS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Grass clippings, leaves, yard and garden waste (including pumpkins), pruning debris, and brush.
HOW TO PREPARE MATERIALS:
- Twigs, branches, brush, pruning, and tree limbs may be tied with heavy twine into bundles no longer than three feet, with branches no thicker than 1 ½ inches in diameter and weighing no more than 50 pounds.
- Limit of six bundles each week.
- Grass clippings, leaves, and garden waste may be placed in 30-gallon PAPER YARD WASTE BAGS (no paper grocery bags), or placed in 32-gallon reusable containers with sturdy handles marked “Yard Waste”.
- Stickers for reusable containers are available in the Public Works office.
- Containers must be labeled with labels facing the street.
SUNFLOWER SWIM LESSONS 2023 Registration and Information
You can download and print the Swim Registration Form here.
Please bring the completed form with you to registration.
Open Registration: May 10 (6 p.m.-7 p.m.) - May 31 @ 12 p.m.
Late Registration: May 31 - June 15 @ 12 p.m.
SWIM LESSON REGISTRATIONS WILL NOT BE TAKEN AT THE POOL
Cost for a Two-Week Session (Monday-Thursday):
- For Residents: $65.00 per student per session
- Late Registration for Residents: $70.00 per student per session
- For Non-Residents (based on availability): $70.00 per student per session fees are due at the time of registration
- Checks should be made out to "Sunflower Village Homes Association"
- Private lessons are not available
- You must register for the second/third session before noon on the Thursday prior to the first day of the upcoming swim Session
- All registrations after May 10 will be handled through the Sunflower Office during normal business hours on a first-come, first-served basis
- 2nd and 3rd Session Registration
- The cut-off for registration is 12 p.m. (noon) on the Thursday prior to the start of Monday's session
- Registrations will be accepted at the Sunflower Office during normal business hours
- SWIM LESSON REGISTRATIONS WILL NOT BE TAKEN AT THE POOL
Swim Lessons Will be Taught:
Monday- Thursday mornings from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Gainsborough Pool
- Fridays are reserved for make-up sessions if a class is canceled due to bad weather.
- If the temperature is below 65 degrees at 9:30 a.m., lessons may be canceled for the day
- Sunflower Resident dues must be current to register your children on a first-come, first-served basis
- Children must be at least five years old to be registered
- The registration will require a parent's signature
- No refunds will be issued for missed classes
- No refunds will be given unless the session is canceled due to low enrollment
- Pre-testing will take place the week before each session. Sign-up for pre-testing will occur at the time of sign-up
Non-Resident Registration Information:
Non-residents who register for swim lessons will be placed on a waiting list and will be notified by 3 p.m. on the Thursday prior to the start of class if openings are available
- Cost for non-resident student registration is $70.
- Be prepared to provide SVHA with a check for $70 made out to Sunflower Village Homes Association at the time of registration. We will hold the check along with your registration until the time your child is placed in a swim session
- If your child is not placed in a swim lesson due to lack of availability, your check will be shredded at the end of all swim lesson sessions for the year and you will be notified that the check has been destroyed