CFES Parent Newsletter
2022 - 2023
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
20 - General PTO Meeting at 9:30 am
26 - Lunch visitors on assigned days begins!
This year's assigned days:
Monday - Last names R-Z
Tuesday - Last names A- D
Wednesday- Last names E-K
Thursday - Last names L-Q
Fridays will rotate by month. October is A-D
6 - Spirit Night Sonic
7 - Student Holiday
7 - End of 1st quarter grading period
10 - Student Holiday
10 - TISD School Board Meeting
12 - Chalk the Walk
13 - Walk to school
13 - Friends of Creekside Kick-off
14 - TISD Patriotic Show 5:30-9:00 pm
17 - Spirit Night Craft Grill all day
17 - PTO Board Meeting
18 - General PTO Meeting
20 - Picture retakes
24-28 Red Ribbon Week
26 - Friends of Creekside ends
27 - 50th Day of School - Dress in 50's gear!
28 - Spirit Night Holy Smokes (delivered)
29 - Spirit Night Holy Smokes (delivered)
31 - start of Fall Book Fair
- Drink donations: PTO is collecting drink donations for teacher luncheons. Please consider sending in drinks for our wonderful teachers! Drinks should be dropped at the front office. Review the following link for available slots: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090845AEAE2AA7F49-drinks
- Help needed. We would love some extra hands in our cafeteria daily to assist with cafeteria duty as our 650 students enjoy lunch from 11-1. If you are willing and able please sign up for a session or two. Please know that your approved volunteer background check for TISD must be approved for you to volunteer in this capacity! Cafe Volunteer Sign Up
- Reminder that vision and hearing screening will begin on Monday, September 26, for all students in Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd and 5th grades. Please review a note from Nurse Fehlker below for more information.
- Check out the section below under Creekside Forest Cares for multiple volunteer spots to fill!
- Spirit Nights are a great and easy way to support our school. See detailed information in the PTO section about two upcoming opportunities in September.
- Dads - please consider signing up to be an AM Security Dude AM Security Dudes Sign Up
- Watch D.O.G.S. Sign up is open! We would love to fill the schedule with our great dads! Watch D.O.G.S. October Sign Up
Life Principle of the Week: Effort
Doing one’s best in an endeavor
Hard work for your brain or body
“Continuous effort-not strength or intelligence-is the key to unlocking our potential” -Winston Churchill
Celebration: Good Job Cheer
Call Back: Ready to rock, ready to roll
Expectation #6: We will recognize every effort and applaud it.
A note from the nurse
All students in Kindergarten, 1st grade, 3rd grade and 5th grade are required by state mandate to be screened for vision and hearing. I will begin the screenings on Monday, September 26, 2022, and continue over the next month until all required grades are screened. If your child wears glasses, please send them to school with their glasses so they can be accurately tested. If your child passes the screening, you will not hear from me.
Any student who fails the screening will be retested in 2-3 weeks after which a letter of referral will go home should they fail a second time. Please take the referral letter to your doctor to have your child evaluated and then send back a copy of any information you receive from the doctor for our records and for inclusion in our state mandated report. Please feel free to contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 281-357-4526.
Thank you for your cooperation.
- All visitors to CFES are required to sign in when they arrive and secure their proper ID badge. New: All visitors must return to the front office and sign out when they leave the building.
- All parents please remember that everyone who visits CFES must have a photo ID with them (the actual ID- not a photo of the ID) each time they visit in order to be admitted on campus. Please share this with any family members that might visit CFES.
Cougar Birthday Book Club
We are delighted to offer the “Cougar Birthday Book Club” at Creekside Forest Elementary Library. Parents, grandparents, and friends may surprise a student by donating a new book to the library in honor of his/her birthday. Cougar Birthday Book Club members will be invited to the library for a party before school to choose a book to donate to the library. There is a set price of $15.00 for all books. A decorative bookplate with your child’s name and birth date will be placed in the front of the book. Your child will be the first to check out the book and may enjoy it for up to two weeks before returning it to the library. The book will become a permanent part of the Creekside Forest Library and will be shared and enjoyed by many Cougars to come. This is such a unique and personal way to say “Happy Birthday” and, at the same time, add wonderful new books to our library. We will also include a special treat and a picture displayed in the library windows to commemorate the occasion.
Leave a legacy and sign your child up through School Cash Online before September 22nd.
As always, thank you for supporting our library program!
Watch D.O.G.S Information
WATCH D.O.G.S.® (Dads Of Great Students) is a national family and community engagement educational initiative that we love being part of! There are 2 primary goals of the WATCH D.O.G.S. program: 1. To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important. 2. To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying. Our Cougars LOVE having their dads on campus for the morning.
The first step to becoming a WATCH D.O.G.S. is to complete the TISD Volunteer Application! WE respectfully ask that you don't sign up to be a WATCH D.O.G.S. until you have completed and submitted the application! The application is required to be completed every year.
Please use this link or the link below to compete this! For now we ask that dads sign up for only one spot per year so all families have the opportunity to participate. Thank you for volunteering!
AM Security Dudes team
Dads, please volunteer as a part of our AM Security Dudes team! We would love for our dads to be visible during student drop off (assisting with car and bus arrival) and then check that all exterior doors are locked and secured as we begin the school day. This shift will begin at 8:00 and end at 8:50. You can sign up using the link below for any day that you are available! Remember to complete the Volunteer Application form to be able to volunteer in any capacity at CFES this year. You can sign up for as many days as you’d like! School security is our number one priority, and we value our dads in this community!
Marquee Birthday Recognitions
Birthday marquee recognitions are NOW AVAILABLE to purchase via the CFES PTO website! If you have already purchased your membership and would like to access the available birthday marquee spots, click here: Purchase Your Marquee Spot.
We have officially kicked off our annual CFES Peanut Butter Drive! The peanut butter collected will be donated to local food banks to help fight food insecurity in the local area. Besides bringing in peanut butter, there are many other ways that you can help with the Peanut Butter Drive.
Now through the 29th from 9:30-10:30, volunteers are needed to weigh, move, and sort peanut butter. Please use the following link to sign up if you can help.
We have a new, amazing opportunity for our families this year! On Thursday, September 29th from 4:10-5:30 pm, your child(ren) can create inspirational, decorative stickers for the tops of the peanut butter jars. You will also be able to assist as a family in building parts of the peanut butter display. This event will take place in the cafeteria and children will need to be accompanied by their parents. Please use the following link to RSVP.
Parents can join us on Friday, September 30th, to help put the finishing touches on our peanut butter display. Use the following link to sign up if you can help.
Thank you in advance for helping make our peanut butter drive a success!!
| || |
cfes campus information