News from Team KB
December 3, 2014
Our class online code is GV4GV. The book order is due 12/05/14. Feel free to order online or with the flyer I sent home. Thanks for helping your child love to read!
Upcoming Important Dates
- Friday, December 5th - Frosty the Snowman Day - Have your child wear white, along with hats, scarves and gloves.
- Monday, December 8th - Mrs. Luhman presents on the Kidney Brothers
- Tuesday, December 9th - We will be having a Christmas Craft Day for Team KB - IF YOU CAN HELP US THIS DAY (EVEN FOR AN HOUR) PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I NEED YOUR HAPPY HELPING HANDS!!!
- Thursday, December 11th - Elementary Christmas Concert. Please have your child delivered to me in the Middle School gym(we will be sitting in the top bleachers on the right side of the gym) by 6:45 pm. Please plan to keep your child's coat with you, so nothing gets lost. Doors do not open until 6:30 pm. I will take care of the children during the concert and you will pick them up from me at our seats after the concert. This is an excellent opportunity to teach our little ones about courteous concert behavior. We wouldn't want anyone trying to leave during our songs, so we ask that you wait until the end to pick up your child. :) The concert will not last longer than one hour, and the children are very excited to share their songs with you. When you find us, make sure to say "Merry Christmas" to me so I know you have your child. :)
- Friday, December 12th - Jingle Bell Day - wear Jingle Bells and Santa Hats today. We will also be enjoying the Polar Express Experience, complete with hot chocolate.
- Wednesday, December 17th - I forgot to put the early dismissal on the December calendar. We will dismiss at 1:00 pm that day. I believe that the F.A.S.T. program happens that day as well, so look for a permission form in your child's folder soon (if you are interested).
- Friday, December 19th - Christmas Party (10:00am) - wear red and green. We look forward to seeing someone from your family at lunch that day! This is so very special for the children! We are having the party in the morning in case you want to take your child home once lunch is finished.
Remember you have the words to the songs they are learning for the Christmas Concert. Keep them handy so you can help them practice! Here is the link to Mrs. Muench's website so you can have your child practice at home... https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLebjAvlwgo_teXZBQY8JHnWWYAHT4vjj-
REMEMBER: When your child needs to be absent please call the school to let us know so that we don't worry about them. The school's phone number is at the bottom of this page, and is also on the magnet you received at BackPack and a Snack. AND: When your child is well enough to return to school please either write a note or send in the note from the doctor's office.
PLEASE: Keep a $10.00 balance in your child's lunch account!! Parents, please remember that milk break milks ARE NOT covered for those who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunches. There is still a $.25 charge per milk each day.
Can your family help us??
- It would be wonderful if you were able to save BoxTops and Campbell's Labels for Education for our school. Just watch for expiration dates on those BoxTops!
- We love to use "good garbage" like clean empty frosting containers for pencil cups and empty Crystal Light containers for literacy stations.
- We have a wonderful partnership with G.O.D.'s Food Pantry in Gilman. If your family is able to send something that begins with the letter of the week for sharing that would be super!
My daughter Lili loves...
...spending time with our family. Here she is holding my great neice Olivia
My son Freddie loves...
...creating with Legos, all of the time!
Freddie and Lili
Christmas Morning 2014