March 13, 2020
At their meeting on Monday, March 9, the School Board approved the proposal to adopt a new KCSD Panthers logo system! Here is the proposal and related documents that the Board approved last night. One of the documents is the Style Guide which details the new logo system.
We've created some Registration Procedures for groups that are wanting to use our new logo system that include signing up and the process of submitting logo designs for approval/use. As groups and vendors begin to register, we will publish those on the Athletics/Activities page of the school website.
We are still waiting for a few final files from Letterman Creative to officially go live and get the logo out there, but groups can begin registering now. If you have a parent group associated with your activity - please pass this on to them so they can register as well.
The school will start using this new logo system now and the old logo can still be used by school groups until July 31, 2020. This allows us to finish out the 19-20 school year with people/groups that may want to use the old logo. So, both logos can be used now and this new logo will be the sole logo system of the KCSD Panthers on August 1, 2020.
A special thanks to the incredible work by Letterman Creative who created this awesome logo suite, our logo task force for their time and input, and to the Board for their support.
If you have questions - please don't hesitate to reach out.
The winter sports season has ended and spring sports are upon us! Here is information about middle school and high school spring sports!
- All home events in the Knoxville High School gym and all school concerts in KPAC will be streamed LIVE on the NFHS Network! Go to www.nfhsnetwork.com for more details!
- Get schedules for all extra-curricular KMS and KHS activities by going to the "Activity Calendar" on www.knoxville.k12.ia.us. You can even sign-up for email notifications so whenever we make a change to a schedule - you can be notified immediately.
- Follow the Knoxville Activities Department on Instagram! @knoxvilleactivities
6th Grade Science
We have been studying about Cells and their organelles. The students were assigned to create a 3D project of a plant or animal cell and use whatever media they wanted. The purpose of this project was for students to learn about the functions of the organelles and will lead into our next unit of bodies and systems. The students were super creative and they had a fun time creating their cell project.
West Elementary Families:
Information is below regarding Kindergarten Roundup for our 2020-2021 kindergarten students and 2020-2021 preschool registration and information night.
Please contact Sue Kauzlarich at West Elementary for more information.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 641-842-2185
Lice do not fly or jump.
Spread almost always through direct contact. While lice infestations are recognized in elementary schools, it is safe to assume that only a minority of lice infestations in school-age youngsters was actually acquired while at school.
No exclusion from school or child care is necessary.
Treatment:Step 1: Treatment with a medicated lice shampoo.
Step 2: Daily shampoo for two weeks, (after the first use of medicated shampoo) with ordinary shampoo and cream rinse conditioner along with DAILY WET COMBING of the hair with a fine-tooth comb to remove lice and nits.
Step 3: Medicated shampoo should be used on days 1 and 7.
Removal of nits (or at least ½ inch away from the scalp) is an essential step to keep them from hatching.
Wash bedding, towels and clothing in hot water and dry in a hot dryer. Vacuum floors and upholstered furniture; general cleaning is adequate.
What can one do to prevent lice? The best defense is frequent screening of youngsters by parents followed by diligent treatment, if necessary. Take a peek once a week to check your child for head lice. Assume there are lice in the school and community at all times of the year.Source: https://www.idph.iowa.gov/CADE/Disease-Information/HeadLice
Coronavirus and Traveling: What to know!
Coronavirus is all over the news, and the world, and changing quickly. Follow reliable information from the CDC, WHO (World Health Organization) and Iowa Department of Public Health. Check these sites frequently as information changes daily. Read about what you can do to protect yourself before, during and after traveling.
Please click the following link to apply for any of the following positions: http://www.knoxville.k12.ia.us/district/vacancies/
- MS Baseball Coach (2019-20 school year)
- MS Softball Asst. Coach (2019-20 school year)
- HS Special Education Teacher (2020-21 school year)
- HS Business Teacher (2020-21 school year)
- MS Special Education / Language Arts Teacher (2020-21 school year)
- MS Special Education Teacher (2020-21 school year)
- MS Vocal Music Teacher (2020-21 school year)
- Elementary Classroom Teacher (2020-21 school year, grade level TBD)
- 8th Grade Volleyball Assistant Coach (2020-21 school year)
- 8th Grade Football Coach (2020-21 school year)
- Administrative Assistant (West Elementary)
- Custodian (West Elementary)
- Associate - Library (West Elementary)
Calendar Approved for Next School Year
2020-2021 ACADEMIC CALENDAR
The KCSD school board recently approved the academic calendar for the 2020-2021 school year. Please see below for your planning needs.
Knoxville CSD Board Information
The Knoxville CSD Board of Directors is committed to Ensuring a Culture of Excellence for Every Student. Community members and visitors are welcome to attend our meetings on the second and fourth Monday each month at 5:30 p.m.
The primary purpose of our board meetings is to conduct business. An official meeting is the only means by which we, as a board can carry out our legal duties or exercise our legal powers. These meetings provide an opportunity for decision-making and offer an opportunity for the public and school district staff to establish a formal dialogue with us. Postings of these meetings are placed on the district website, www.knoxville.k12.ia.us. Please visit often to be informed.
Neighbor Helping Neighbor
End of the Month Meals
The End of the Month Meal program or E.O.M.M. was started in 2002 and is a not-for-profit organization and can only continue as long as generous people are willing to donate their money, time, can food items, or grocery gift cards. Any of these donations may be dropped off at New Covenant Church at 1510 West Madison Knoxville, Iowa. If you send a check please make it out to New Covenant Church and put “E.O.M.M. program” in the memo section.
- We send out our deliveries from New Covenant Church 1510 West Madison. If people would like to have their meals delivered to them please call the church office at 641-842-3176 preferably the week before we start serving meals so that we can have an idea of how much food we need to prepare. Information needed: your name, address, phone number, and meals quantity.
- Prefer to dine out? Head to the Jenkins Center on Main Street! We provide the casserole and vegetable or salad, whichever is on the meal plan and the people from Living Word Fellowship provides the dessert, coffee, and excellent service. No questions asked.
- Our meals typically consist of a casserole for the entrée, a dinner roll, a hot vegetable, or a cold “salad” (these are flip-flopped each meal), and a dessert. We also have a sandwich meal at least twice during the season, consisting of a Manwich burger, scalloped corn, cole slaw, and a dessert.
Remaining dates for the 2019-20 season: Mar.: 23-27 Questions? email@example.com
Marion County Food Coalition Calendar & Information
Marion County General Assistance M-F 8-4:30pm (in the Marion County Courthouse)
IMPACT Community Action - Food Cards to Fareway/Hy-Vee to be used every 6 months
Food Share Mobile Food Pantry: 3rd Wednesday of the month
Attica Mobile Pantry 10-10:30
End of the Month Meals: Organized by New Covenant Church; held at 315 E. Main St. (Jenkins Center) 5-5:45PM: March 23-27 (Call 641-842-3176 for delivered meals)
Celebrate Community Church (641-828-7603) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marion County General Assistance/Veteran's Affairs (641-828-2201) Email: email@example.com
Helping Hands (641-842-6933) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marion County Senior Nutrition (641-205-3812) Email: email@example.com
KCSD ADMIN. OFFICE
The Panther Press is a weekly collective newsletter for parents & community members. If you have an article or flyer to share, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Your feedback is always welcome and appreciated!
- District: https://www.facebook.com/KnoxvilleCSD/
- High School: www.facebook.com/KHSPanthers/ & twitter.com/KHS_Panthers
- Middle School: www.facebook.com/PanthersKMS/ & twitter.com/Panthers_KMS
- Northstar: www.facebook.com/NorthstarElementary/ & twitter.com/MrKeitges
- West: www.facebook.com/knoxvillewestelementary/ & twitter.com/pantherswest
Rate us on greatschools.org!