Craig Colts News
August 4, 2022
Calendar of Events
Aug 3 - First Day of School - K, 1st, 6th, 9th and small group (digital day for all other grades)
Aug 4 - First Day of School - all other grades
Aug 9 - First Dogwood Pizza Night
Aug 16 - Kindergarten - 2nd Grade Curriculum Night 6pm
Aug 18 - 3rd -5th Grade Curriculum Night 6pm
Aug 19 - PTA Popsicles in the Park 6-7:30pm at Alexander Park
Aug 25 - Cub Scout Round Up 7-8:30pm
Aug 29 - School Council Meeting 8am
Aug 30 - Culver's Spirit Night
Aug 31 - PTA Fundraiser Kick Off
We need you to help us!!
Lunch Visits begin August 23
Craig Lunch Visitor Schedule
Monday – no lunch visits
Kindergarten – Anderson, Corley, Daffin
1st Grade – Boddie, Flagg, Godfrey, Rosendahl
2nd Grade – J. Atkinson, Brock, Burns-Filonenko, Batchelor
3rd Grade – Ervin, Eubanks, Foster, Osborne
4th Grade – Blount, George, Lister, Whidden
5th Grade – Buckman, Christopherson, Collins, Conley
Multi Grades – Almand, Bezalel, Diaz, Holton, McDade, Monroe
Kindergarten – Galeana, Rowe, Samuels
1st Grade – Johnson, Machado, McLester, Niles
2nd Grade – Iurco, Gojic, Perez, Walker
3rd Grade – Hattaway, Mann, Tyner, Yancey
4th Grade – McNett, Weed, Wyche
5th Grade – Koch, Lee, Weir
PreK – Atoche, Clark, King, Patton
School Nutrition Program Updates
Due to the expiration of USDA waivers, the School Nutrition Program will now transition to pre-pandemic operations. While meals are no longer available at no charge to all students, we have made a few changes to assist our students and families as we transition away from the USDA waivers.
- Non-Title 1 schools – Free and Reduced-Price students will receive breakfast at no charge. Students with Full Pay eligibility will be charged $1.50
- All students will be charged for lunch based on their current eligibility status (Free, Reduced, Full Pay)
- There have been no changes to meal prices. Meal Prices for lunch are as follows: Reduced - $.40 cents; ES Lunch - $2.25; MS/HS Lunch - $2.50
· Meal Service
- Students will need to enter their Student ID into the keypad.
· Free and Reduced Information
- As a reminder, SY21-22 Free and Reduced eligibility status will carry over for the first 30 school days of SY23 (through 9/14).
- The online SY23 Free and Reduced application is now available – SY23 Free and Reduced Online Application
GEMS Oversight Committee Applications
Gwinnett County Public Schools is inviting parents and guardians, community members, and school district employees to apply for the GEMS Oversight Committee, a group of community and school system representatives charged with the annual review of the Academic Knowledge and Skills (AKS) curriculum standards. The next meeting is tentatively scheduled for Nov. 1, 2022. After the review, the committee recommends revisions and additions to the Superintendent for adoption by the Gwinnett County Board of Education. Committee members serve three-year terms. Those interested in serving should complete the online application no later than Aug. 12.
Brookwood Softball Youth Night
Students from Craig, you are invited to the BHS Softball Youth Night. The date is Thursday, August 11 at Brookwood High School. The gates open at 4pm. All children wearing a Brookwood shirt or jersey will get in free of charge. There will be raffles, popcorn, concessions and face painting.
GCPS is Hiring
Join TeamGCPS! We are hiring Teachers and Support Staff – Apply at gcpsjobs.org