September PTA News
First Meeting Highlights
Dates to Remember
- September 16 (Friday) - Teacher Conferences / Lunch for Teachers and Staff
- Sept 16th-22nd - Book Fair
- Sept. 17th 2nd Cross Country Meet in Siloam Springs
- September 30 (Friday) - Beach Bash (Family Movie Night) In Gym
- October 6 (Thursday) - Chick-fil-a Spirit Night 3:30-8:00
SPIRIT DAYS - Cynthia Voss
This year PTA will strive to build up our school Community and increase parent involvement during the school day and at school events by sponsoring Spirit Days.
- T-shirts (with the Emojis) and order forms for hoodies and jackets are available in the PTA Room/ School store. Order Deadline is extended to September 26th.
- Spirit Days will be the last Friday of the month. They will have a fun theme as always and link into monthly assemblies and Ms. Shover's word of the month. August Spirit Day winners (wearing the most green or AAA t-shirts) got popsicles.
- Family Spirit Nights will also be the last Friday evening of the month. These will be family events PTA puts on to encourage family interactions outside of school work. We will have fun, raise funds for teacher's requests, and build community.
- Word of the Month PTA supports Mrs. Shover's word of the month program. Throughout each month, Teachers will give out "blue tickets" to children exhibiting the "word-of-the-month" positive behavior characteristic. At the monthly assembly, Mr. Young will draw two blue tickets. PTA will provide super cool prizes.
- Lunch-time Awards Mrs. Gretzmeier will draw a name for a lunch time student. exhibiting good Lunch time behavior. (Its a little crazy in there right now.) PTA will provide another great prize.
- "Spirit item" at the School Store. Each month PTA will feature a NEW spirit item to enhance your Spirit Day attire. By field Day, we will look like the Razorback stadium on game day. Go AAA!
Crazy Hair Day and Beach Bash 9/30/16
"Band Together RESPECT Each Other" -Word Theme
Spirit item: Green AAA Bands available in the school store. Very Cute! ($1)
FAMILY SPIRIT NIGHT: Beach Bash / Family MOVIE NIGHT
- Teen Beach Movie I, Pizza, drink, and chips for one Ticket.
- Dancing, Singing, and Beach Ball Bouncing.
- Bring blankets for your picnic and Gym floor protection,
- Tickets on sale now @ School Store or Online. (See Below).
- Help with the Family Fun Night -See Button Below
Hospitality Opportunities - Regina Bowman
- Farm to School - bring farm fresh produce to school cafeteria so kids can really see where their food comes from. Fresh Pumpkin Pie demonstration suggested. To help this project succeed contact Regina Bowman email@example.com
- September 16 Teacher Conferences - PTA tries to provide a nice lunch for the teachers to have during this long day of discussions and planning. See Sign-Up. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050d45a8ac23ab9-meal
- September 30th is the Beach Bash Family Movie Night. A lot of concession help will be needed. Please look at the Sign-Up Genius invitation. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090e4aacaa2ba6f58-beach
Where's the Money? Treasury Report: Brooke Payne
- "Say YES to Teachers' Request" our goal is to meet every "Request for Funds" we receive. We already have some projects in the works from teachers and students.
- The School Store is open every morning. Come by for a cup of coffee and help some kiddos learn money management and wise purchasing skills. The store profits fund Field Day and purchase needed PE equipment.
- BOX TOPS collection is going strong. Renee Cain firstname.lastname@example.org is our coordinator. Please contact Renee or Katherine Marosz email@example.com to assist this program.
- Restaurant Nights are another way to add revenue to our PTA Funds. We've tapped Maryanne Stewart firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate these efforts. Help Her!!!!
- SquaresCard Reader and Online Store are set up to help PTA collect and manage funds easier. Access the Online Store at https://squareup.com/store/aaa-pta-2 or from the green button above. Pay fees, buy Family night tickets and donate here.
Arkansas Arts Academy Foundation
PTA Executive Board CONTACTS
VP Kristle Sanchez email@example.com
Sec. Regina Bowman firstname.lastname@example.org
Tres Brooke Payne email@example.com 621-3123
Teacher Liasion Lily Welch firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher Liasion Rachel Carpenter email@example.com