How to keep safe whilst online by Euan Dorling
What is cyber bullying
If you are being Cyberbullied
To report abuse go to https://www.ceop.police.uk/Ceop-Report/
How to keep your child safe online!
Explain that they:
-Shouldn't say things they wouldn't say in person, or
wouldn't feel comfortable saying in front of you.
-Make sure you know how to use the computer and that you know of the services your child uses.
Spend time online together - your child will be able to learn from you (and possibly vice versa!).
- Learning together can open opportunities to discuss safe practice with your child.
keep the computer in a family room so that you can see what your child is doing online
discuss and establish rules for internet use and make sure your child understands the reasons behind the rules - it is not that you don't trust your child, it is about keeping them safe from people who don't have their best interests at heart.
Would you like to be talking with these prople
These are the rules to follow
- Always think of your personal safety first when using ICT or your mobile phone.
- Do not give out any personal information
- Never give your contact number
- It’s a good idea to use a nickname rather than your real name.
- Don’t meet people that you have only spoken to online
- Never give out pictures online or over a mobile unless you know the person in real life
- Always use private settings whenever you are setting up a social networking page
- Anything you post or upload to the internet is there forever so be very careful what you put online.
- Never go onto webcam with people you don’t know in real life
- If you receive any messages or pictures that worry or upset you talk to
- an adult you trust.
- Know who is is on your buddy list
You could either get in contact with these or search for there website
If you get any signs of being bullied don't get scared to get in contact with CEOP.
If you get cyber bullied do much and you have been to the police you could speak to the police.
If you have been bullied online press this button to report the abuse.
Never give away personal details-
- Phone number
- Email address
- Where you live
- Full name