Raymond Park Middle School
Ranger News week of February 25, 2019
Winter sports are wrapping up this week. Good luck to our swimmers, wrestlers, and girl basketball players as they finish strong!
Monday February 25th
- RP wrestling team meet is away at Franklin Township East. Starts at 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, February 26th
- Girls Basketball game 7th grade (5:15 p.m.) & 8th grade (6:30 p.m.) is away at Stonybrook.
- RP wrestling team meet is away at Stonybrook. Starts at 5:30 p.m.
- Warren Twp. District swim team home (WCHS) vs Pike. Starts at 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 27th
- NAEP testing for 8th graders in mathematics and reading. Please see letter below for details.
- Warren Twp. District swim team home (WCHS) vs Franklin Central. Starts at 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, February 28th
- Slushy flavors this week are Blue Raspberry and Cherry. New flavors will be served next week!
- FREE soccer clinic at RP for girls in 5th-8th grade from 6 to 7:30 pm. See flyer in this newsletter for details.
-Parents of 8th graders going to Washington DC meeting in the cafeteria at 6:00 p.m.
Friday, March 1st
- Ella's Frozen Yogurt ($4) available during lunch hours.
Saturday, March 2nd
- Science Olympiad Competition at West Liberty/ Salem Invitational in Ohio.
Spring sports season will start this week. RPMS offers track and girl's tennis. Look for more details to come about tryout dates. This year, baseball and softball have been converted into township teams. The district will be offering a 7th grade baseball, 7th grade softball, 8th grade baseball and 8th grade softball team. Tryout information for baseball and softball is located in a flyer below.
The March Raymond Park-AMC movie event is THIS Saturday, March 9th! Join Raymond Park family and friends in our own private theater to watch "Captain Marvel". Tickets will be on-sale during lunch hours. More details in flyer below and copies are available outside the cafeteria.
Monday, March 4th
- Choir concert in LGI Room at 7:00 p.m.
- RP book fair starts today and runs through March 13th.
-First day of Township Softball tryouts 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the Warren Central High School Fieldhouse enter through door #14.
Tuesday, March 5th
- Orchestra and Band concert in the Fieldhouse at 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 6th
- Late Start Day for students (1-hour delay)
-First day of Township Baseball tryouts 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the Warren Central High School Fieldhouse enter through door #14.
Thursday, March 7th
- Warren PAC Open House for all 5th through 8th graders and their families. Please see the flyer below.
-Last Day of Township Baseball & Softball Tryouts Softball 6:00-7:00 p.m. then Baseball 7:00-8:00 p.m. tryouts at the Warren Central High School Fieldhouse enter through door #14.
Friday, March 8th
- Big 10 Field Trip through PE during school hours.
- Band & Orchestra ISSMA Contest bus leaving right after school.
Saturday, March 9th
- Raymond Park/AMC Movie Event: Captain Marvel at 2:30 p.m.
Monday, March 18th
-Start of Intersession/ Two week Break
Monday, April 1
MSD WARREN TOWNSHIP EXCEL PROGRAM FOR 19-20
Mission Statement: The EXCEL Program is designed to meet the unique academic and affective needs of highly talented students through a cooperative, enriched, and accelerated academic program where each person feels significant and appreciated.
The curriculum in the EXCEL program is differentiated and faster paced. Students will work above grade level.
The Parent Recommendation form must be completed by March 31, 2019.
RPMS BOOK FAIR 3/4 - 3/12
It will be held in the MediaPlex 8:15 a.m - 3:00 p.m please stop by all purchases benefit our media plex. Lots of new books and authors to see.
Major credit cards now accepted.
Did you know you can take a day off from school to serve as a page for the Indiana Senate? State Senator Aaron Freeman invites students in grades 6-12 to come to the Statehouse and spend an exciting day seeing our state government in action.
RPMS PTSA News
Don't forget to join our Parent Teacher Student Association and support all of the wonderful student activities and events throughout the school year! Your $7 membership earns you a weekly PTSA electronic newsletter and membership incentives. Our PTSA sponsors Back To School Night treats, the quarterly CORE Celebrations, teacher reimbursement for school supplies, end of year celebration treat for all students, 8th grade celebration gift, and staff appreciation days. Our PTSA coordinates the school-PTSA joint fall fundraiser, various 8th Grade Washington DC fundraisers, weekly slushy sales, RP-AMC monthly family movie events, Box Top collection contests, quarterly roller skating parties at the Roller Cave and Sonny Day Community Center volunteering nights.
Please contact our PTSA for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
2018-2019 Yearbooks On- Sale. Order online through LifeTouch at: RPMS 2018-2019 Yearbook code:10818419.
SCHOOL DISTRICT PUBLICATIONS/NEWS MEDIA USE
Dr. John Kleine - Principal
Dr. Leondra Radford - Assistant Principal
Aliesa Hopp - Secretary to Principal
Sheri Thompson - Registrar/Attendance Secretary
Beth Schuster - Receptionist
Lisa Stewart - Nurse
To apply you must be in the 7th or 8th grade. Contact Katie Piatt RPMS Educational Counselor for application email@example.com or 317-532-8900 X8910.