D93 Family Update
April 27, 2023
Great Things Happening
Groundbreaking for Westmark Stadium at Hillcrest High School
On Friday, the local businesses and government officials came together to participate in the groundbreaking ceremony for Westmark Stadium. Businesses who have made significant donations to the stadium include Westmark Credit Union, Teton Toyota, Broulim's, Crystal Builders, Harper/Leavitt Engineers, Valley Ready Mix, Liberty Homes, and NBW Architects. Local News 8 was there for the historic event. https://localnews8.com/sports/local-sports/2023/04/21/hillcrest-high-school-break-ground-on-new-westmark-stadium/
School Board News
When and where will the new school be built?
If voters approve the bond, the new school will be built south of Telford Road (49th North) and east east of Ammon Road. While the new school will primarily address overcrowding in Iona and Discovery elementary schools, as we redraw school boundaries, we will also do our best to reduce overcrowding in other elementary schools across the District.
If the bond passes in May, the new elementary school should open in time for the 2025-2026 school year.
Early Voting starts May 1, 2023!
* The estimated average annual cost to the taxpayer on the proposed bond levy is a tax of $36 per $100,000 of taxable assessed value, per year, based on current conditions. The total amount estimated to be repaid over the life of the bonds, based on the anticipated interest rate, is $37,783,835, consisting of $34,500,000 in principal and $12,273,750 of interest, less $8,989,915 in estimated bond levy equalization payments. The interest rate anticipated on the proposed bond issue is 3.62% per annum. The term of the bonds will not exceed seventeen (17) years from the date of issuance. As of May 16, 2023, the total existing bonded indebtedness of the District, including interest accrued, is $98,737,850.
Here are a few of the stories you will find in this week's episode of D93 News. We'll take you to the groundbreaking for the new stadium at Hillcrest. Our EIRMC Health Minute talks about what to watch for as your child learns to verbally communicate. Also make sure to follow us on Instagram for exclusive content like this... https://www.instagram.com/reel/Crd6li8gTYR/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D&fbclid=IwAR0QI51hwhUe5CLguF3IGtL_TWHmLOgfL_UYKDg_ER2gCGucPo9--i_CAA8
Family Events & Resources
To help parents understand how BCSO and D93 schools prepare for and respond to threats and emergencies at school, we are inviting parents to join us for a presentation and discussion about school safety and response. The presentation is about 45 mins and includes time to answer parent
questions. The goal is to educate and involve parents in prevention efforts, how safety processes are applied, and things to expect if your child's school has an emergency.
- Apr 17 – Ucon Elementary at 6:00 pm
Apr 18 – Iona Elementary at 6:00 pm
- Apr. 25 – Ammon Elementary at 6:30 pm
- Apr. 26 – Falls Valley Elementary at 6:00 pm
- Apr. 27 – Mountain Valley Elementary at 6:30 pm
- May 1 – Discovery Elementary at 7:00 pm
- May 2 – Hillview Elementary at 6:00 pm
- May 3 – Fairview Elementary at 6:00 pm
- May 4 – Bridgewater Elementary at 7:00 pm
- May 8 – Woodland Hills Elementary at 6:00 pm
- Apr 20 – Rimrock Elementary at 6:30 pm
- Apr 19 – Tiebreaker Elementary at 6:30 pm
Opportunities for Students
D93 Get Help Line
Students, parents, and employees can reach out for help with bullying, harassment, suicidal tendencies, self-harm, threats, or to report weapons at school by going to d93.org/gethelp or sending the text @gethelp to 855-528-0074.