Welcome Parents and Students!
Mrs. Brandi Spratt
Scholarship Opportunities for Seniors
- 2018 Michael A. Demayo Scholarship - (Due March 26, 2018) This scholarship is worth $2,500 and will be given to 15 students. The requirements are as follows: Current high school (or home-schooled) senior who attends school (York county is included), Accepted for full-time enrollment or planning to pursue a degree at an accredited 4 year college or university, 3.0 GPA or higher (see application for further information).
- South Carolina State Fair Scholarship - (Due April 2, 2018) This scholarship is worth $2,000 and 4 students will be selected. The requirements are as follows: Applicants limited to those who intend to pursue a law-enforcement related area of study such as criminal justice, detention/corrections, forensic science, criminology, social work, etc. (see application for further information)
- Mary Doctor Performing Arts Scholarship - (Due April 5, 2018) This scholarship is worth up to $10.000 annually to be used for tuition. The requirements are as follows: Application with financial need who demonstrate ability and great interest in one or more areas of the performing arts and plan to pursue an undergraduate degree in a discipline related to the performing arts, and have a desire to use their training to enrich the lives of others.
- Arrow Point Scholarship Application - (Due April 11, 2018) This Scholarship is worth $500 and awarded to 8 students. The requirements are are follows: Must have an active account at Arrow Pointe FCU that has been in good standing for 90 days prior to deadline. (see application for further information).
- Alpha Alpha Gamma Psi Christian Sorority, Inc. - (Due April 13, 2018) This scholarship's monetary amount is based on available funds. The requirements are as follows: The applicant must be female, Applicants must have permanent residence status in York County, SC, Applicants must be a high school senior with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, Applicants must be accepted as a full time student at a college, university, or trade school program for the upcoming academic semester if scholarship money is awarded, this is the only program that will receive the funds on behalf of the applicant, applicants must demonstrate a need for financial assistance, applicants must complete 20 hours of community service, applicants must submit a 500 word essay on topic, and applicants must have 4 reference letters.
- Girls on The Run - (Due April 13, 2018) This scholarship is worth $1,500 and will be awarded to 3 students. Any girl who participated in a Girls on the Run (grades 3-5) or Girls on Track (now Heart and Sole) in 6-8 in York, Chester, or Lancaster counties and will enter college in the fall of 2018 is eligible to apply. The requirements for this scholarship are as follows: 3.0 GPA weighted, exhibit the ideals of the program and being joyful, optimistic, grateful, and nurturing of one's health, Open-ended essay, two letters of recommendation, community service project, current high school transcript (see application for more details).
- Road to Hire Scholarship - (Due April 15, 2018) This scholarship is worth up to $1,000. The requirements for this scholarship are as follows: Although there is no GPA requirement, applicants should be in good academic standing. *High school and college transcripts DO NOT need to be official versions; you may scan and upload your transcript, applicants MUST reside in the greater Charlotte Metro region.
- Gordon Hay Scholarship - (Due April 19, 2018) This scholarship is worth up to $5,000 to be used for special learning opportunities. The requirements for are as follows: Applicants should have demonstrated technical or artistic accomplishment in a Non-performance area of the performing arts. (see application for specifics).
- Anna P. Dixon Scholarship Program - (Due April 23, 2018) This scholarship is worth $500. The requirements are as follows: Senior in high school, and accepted at a accredited institution of higher learning,
Senior Cap and Gown Delivery
Wednesday, April 11th, 11:45am-2pm
1400 A O Jones Boulevard
Fort Mill, SC
Jostens will be on campus to deliver graduation cap and gowns on April 11. Students are encouraged to pick up their graduation orders in the commons during FLEX.
Any senior that has not yet ordered a cap and gown for graduation should contact Jostens at (864)327-4967.
Falcon Family (Grades 9-11)
Course Verification Sheets Due
Friday, March 16th, 3:45pm
1400 A O Jones Boulevard
Fort Mill, SC
Falcon Ambassadors: Rising Seniors
It is not too late to apply to be a Falcon Ambassador. Simply write the course into your Course Verification Sheet and turn it into the Guidance Desk by March 16, 2018.
Program Overview: The Falcon Ambassadors program will replace the current Teacher Aide option for seniors at Nation Ford. This new and improved program will allow students to spend 1 block of their senior year assisting teachers, counselors, administration, and staff with projects and tasks. Falcon Ambassadors will be the face of the school for new students, assist teachers in preparing materials, help with school events, and any other tasks needed to help improve Nation Ford. In addition, Falcon Ambassadors will receive one-on-one career and leadership training from our Career Development Facilitator, Mrs. Bonnie Kleffman.
*Please note that students will NOT earn credit for this class, as there is no curriculum.
Who: Senior students who have an interest in making Nation Ford a better place to learn, teach, and belong. Students must have at least a 3.0 GPA and good attendance records to be accepted.
How to Apply: Students who are interested in being a Falcon Ambassador for the 2018/2019 school year must have the class requested on their Course Verification Sheet. Students who request the course will be asked to complete an application to ensure they meet all criteria and will represent Nation Ford in the best way possible.
Questions should be directed to Ms. Alex Market in guidance. She can be reached at email@example.com or (803) 835-0004.
Guidance Student of the Month
Parent Portal Reminder
SC Virtual for Online Summer Classes
May 16-May 30: Open to students in grades 11th-12th
May 23-May 30: Open to students in grades 9th-10th
For more information please visit https://virtualsc.org/dates/
Please keep in mind that students may earn a maximum of 6 units of academic credit to be applied toward graduation requirements through VirtualSC. 9th grade students can begin taking courses the summer leading into their 10th grade year. Students may not take any core classes, foreign language courses, or elective classes that are offered in the high school though VirtualSC. (With the exception of PE and IBA).
Students taking online classes should be self-motivated and have consistent internet access to be able to complete course work.
Students should meet with their counselor before registering to be certain the course is the best option. Counselors must be aware of the course being requested so they can approve it; if we are unaware, the course may be denied.
Courses fill up quickly once registration begins!
Nation Ford Guidance Team
School Counseling Department Staff
Receptionist - Brandi Spratt
Registrar - Barbara Boyd
PowerSchool Clerk - Anita Benfield
9th Grade Counselors
Abby Duncan - A-K
Marla McKenzie - L-Z
10th-12th Grade Counselors
Alex Market - A-E
Kirkley Russell - F-Ll
Christina Bednarz - Lo-Sa
Staci Dreher - Sc-Z