Falcon Ridge Family Updates
March 28, 2022
News and Tidbits
I hope you had a wonderful spring break with your family. We are headed down the home stretch, which can be simultaneously exhilarating and exhausting. This is when it is important that all three legs of the three-legged stool are strong to support our students to the finish line.
This Friday is bus driver appreciation day. We cannot thank these fine folks enough for driving our students and keeping them safe each day. Please be encouraged to write a note of appreciation to your child's bus driver this week.
Our character trait this month is patience, which means bearing pains or trials calmly or without complaint; uncomplaining endurance of wrongs. As always, students will have the opportunity to demonstrate patience at school and may earn a Falcon Card to display on the hall bulletin board. At the end of each month, Falcon Cards are randomly drawn for fabulous prizes. Please check out this newsletter for ideas to have patience at home.
Have a wonderful week!
Welcome our new office coordinator ~ Mrs. Green
Welcome to Mrs. Bowser our new nutrition assistant
St. Patrick's Day Luncheon: We are blessed by our falcon ridge lunch ladies!
St. Patrick's Day Fun!
Happy Birthday to Our Wonderful Staff!
Save the Date!
Mark Rothko-inspired artwork in 3rd grade!
1st and 3rd grade reading buddies - sharing a love of reading!
Weekly Progress Report
Just a reminder that we will continue sending weekly progress reports through the 4th Quarter to make sure you are aware of your student's current grades. Remember that you can always view your student's current grades and missing assignments through the Tyler SIS parent portal. If you have questions regarding grades or assignments, please contact your child's teacher.
Falcon Ridge Charter School
Our 8th Graders are Preparing to Transition to High School
Important Attendance Policy Reminders
The Administration and Governing Board recognize that there are special circumstances when a student may need to participate in another event or activity rather than attend class. An absence will be considered “excused” if a parent/guardian provides a written or verbal notification for the following reasons:
- the student could not attend class because he/she is ill
- a physician’s documentation of illness medical, dental, orthodontic appointments with a verifying note from the medical office
- bereavement for a death in the family
- wedding for a member of the family
- an immediate family member involved in State Tournament competition, 4-H competition, or graduation exercise at the high school, college, and military level.
- extraordinary circumstances (requires a review and approval of FRPCS administrator.)
Family trips or vacations are NOT considered extraordinary and are unexcused. The cumulative effect of regular class attendance is critical to the learning experience that Falcon Ridge Charter School offers, which the student misses even when the absence is excused.
Student absence for any reason not specifically listed in the excused absence section will be considered unexcused. Absences (for any reason) not verified by verbal or written communication from the parent/guardian (within 48 hours of student’s return to school) will be considered unexcused.
Patience Resources for Parents
Average Daily Attendance
1st grade: 95.17%
2nd grade: 92.76%
3rd grade: 87.93%
4th grade: 99.39%
5th grade: 90.61%
6th grade: 92.42%
7th grade: 90.94%
8th grade: 88.13%
- April 1st: Bus driver appreciation day
- April 4th: Lottery begins at 2pm
- April 6th: EA (paraprofessional) appreciation day
- April 6th: STEM Club from 3pm-4:30pm
- April 12th: School Board Meeting at 6:30pm
- April 20th: STEM Club from 3pm-4pm
- May 2rd: Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 6th: Lunch Hero day
- May 9th: Open House for new students for the 2022-2023 school year
- May 10th: School Board Meeting at 6:30pm
- May 25th: Kindergarten Graduation 9:30am-10:30am
- May 26th: 8th grade graduation 1pm-2pm
- May 26th: Kindergarten Screening for all new incoming Kindergarten students
- May 27: Last day of school (early release at 1:30pm)
- Early release days every Monday (1st-8th grades dismiss at 1:30 p.m.)
**Check out our website for the most updated information