Task/job duties that are commonly performed for a registered nurse.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- to be responsible for mediations to patients and monitor patients for reactions and side effects.
- Record patients' medical information and pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, etc.(basic information for the doctor.)
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
Skills that would be needed for a registered nurse
Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at a suitable or proper in the circumstances.
Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
Speaking — Talking to others to transport information effectively.
Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
5 items That describe different parts of the working conditions/work environment/work context.
Telephone — How often do you have telephone conversations in this job?
-a lot because you are talking to pharmacy.
Contact With Others — How much does this job require the worker to be in contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise) in order to perform it?
- a lot because you have to contact pharmacy, a doctor to see what medications the patients nee to take, the patients too see if they are not allergic to anything when they get their medication.
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled — How often does this job require working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions?
- you stay indoors for the job.
Importance of Being Exact or Accurate — How important is being very exact or highly accurate in performing this job?
-this job is important because you have to take care of all the medications, and of the patient. and be in charge of the other nurses and tell them what to do.
Values that fit with a registered nurse
Relationships — a job that satisfy this work value allow employees to provide service to others and work with co-workers in a friendly non- competitive environment. corresponding needs are co-workers, moral values and social services.
Support — a job that satisfy this work value offer supportive management that stands behind employees. Corresponding needs are Company Policies, Supervision: Human Relations and Supervision: Technical.
Achievement — a job that satisfy this work value are results oriented and allow to use their strongest abilities employees, giving them a feeling of accomplishment. Corresponding needs are Ability Utilization and Achievement.
Information on wages (how much is it typically paid an hour, or salary) and employment outlook/trends (how fast or slow is it expected to grow, by what percentage).
3 Pictures representing a registered nurse
Relationship's with they patients, being friendly and caring to the patient. And help the patients if they need help.
Nurses being social and talking to others and helping each other when they need help.
theses nurses are talking to each other to convey information effectively