January 27, 2023
100 Days Smarter!
Our staff and our students have been working hard this year, and we have seen some great growth. Each week, our classroom teachers meet as part of our professional learning community. Together, each grade level/content area talks about:
- What our students need to learn
- How we will know if they learned it
- What we will do for students who haven't mastered the knowledge or skill yet
- What we will do for students who have already mastered the knowledge or skill
During these collaborative meetings, our staff is growing and learning too. We look at the data from our assessments regularly and discuss how we will act on that data. Together, within the walls of our school, we believe that we have the answers and skills needed to meet the needs of ALL of our students. We learn with and from each other.
Based on the work in our collaborative teams, we have data to show that our students are growing in leaps and bounds. As of next Wednesday, we will all be 100 days smarter! On February 1, we will celebrate the 100th day of school. Our students and staff are invited to dress as a person who is 100 year old or to wear a shirt or outfit with 100 items on it. This is not a requirement--just a way to recognize that we have been learning for 100 days.
Quick 1-Question Parent Survey
Please answer the 1-question survey below to give input on what times of day work best for you when we schedule future parent meetings or conferences.
Results from Last Week's Survey:
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- WatchDOGS - Click this link for more information, the program presentation from the district, the background form, and the registration form.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO).
- Parent Feedback Form - Any time you want to share your thoughts, you can email, call, or make an appointment to visit. Another way you can provide input is to simply complete our parent feedback form at any time. Your responses are anonymous unless you choose to include your name and/or contact information.
This Week at Lincoln
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 455
Attendance (Goal 95%)
Average Daily Attendance Rate August-December: 93.6% (2,408 absences)
Average Daily Attendance Rate for the Week of:
- 1/10-1/13: 92.4%
- 1/16-1/20: 96.3%
- 1/23-1/27: 93.7%
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rate (Over 95%) for the Week of 1/123-1/27:
- Ms. Jones - 98.9%
- Ms. Ott - 97.8%
- Ms. Haralson - 97.6%
- Mrs. Thorp - 96.7%
- Mrs. McClain - 96.0%
- Mrs. Shaver - 95.8%
- Mrs. White - 95.6%
- Mrs. Gerbrecht - 95.5%
- Ms. Grey - 95.2%
- Mrs. Kirk - 95.2%
Staff Shout Outs
- 5th Grade MJH Curriculum Fair @ MJH Cafeteria 6:00-7:00 pm
- 100th Day of School - All students are invited to either dress as someone who is 100 years old OR wear a shirt or outfit with 100 things on it.
- 5th Grade Field Trip to MJH for Welcome Rally
- Wear Your Spirit Wear
- 2/7 - 5th Grade District Choir Concert @ MHS - 6:00 pm
- 2/10 - 5th Grade Course Selection Forms Due to Homeroom Teacher
- 2/10 - PTO Meeting 9:00 - Special Guest Speaker - Dr. Morrison
- 2/13-2/17 - Random Acts of Kindness Week
- 2/16 - Discovery Domes During Specials
- 2/16 - Writing Boot Camp in Class (Wear Camo; Come to School Ready to Write)
- 2/16 - Literacy Night - 5:30-7:00 pm
- 2/17 - Professional Development Day - No School for Students
- 2/20 - President's Day - No School
- 2/21 - Progress Reports Released in Skyward
- 2/22 - Principal-Parent Safety Committee Meeting (Focus on Reunification Process)
- 2/22 - Campus Advisory Committee 4:15 PM (Virtual)
- 2/24 - PTO - My Hero & Me Dance
- 3/10 - Field Day
- 3/10 - End of 3rd Quarter
- 3/13-3/17 - Spring Break
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K - 10:40-11:10
- Kindergarten - 11:15-11:45
- 1st Grade - 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade - 12:15-12:45
- 3rd Grade - 11:35-12:05
- 4th Grade - 11:55-12:25
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings, and class begins at 8:15. (This is the time students are expected to be in their seats in the classroom.)
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700