Board Approves Recovery & Reopening Plan
Tuesday night, the Tuscaloosa City Board of Education approved a plan to return students to in-person instruction starting as early as next week. Elementary and middle school students will begin using a staggered format on Monday, September 21. High school students will follow one week later on Monday, September 28 using the staggered format.
In this model, the student population will be divided into Green Days (Mondays and Tuesdays) and Gray Days (Wednesdays and Thursdays) for in-person instruction, with all students participating in virtual instruction on Fridays.
Families will receive notification whether students attend on Green Days or Gray Days.
In other action, the board:
- Approved the Minutes of September 1, 2020 Regular Board Meeting and Minutes of September 8, 2020 Called Board Meeting
- Discussed Second Hearing/Reading of 2021 Tuscaloosa City School Budget
- Received CARES Act Funds Update
- Approved 2020-2023 Blackboard, Inc. Contract
- Approved 2020-2021 Evergreen School Contract
- Approved 2020-2021 Brewer-Porch Children's Center Residential Facility Contract
- Approved 2020-2021 Memorandum of Agreement between Tuscaloosa City Schools and Board of Trustees of the University of Alabama for WOW Program
- Approved Superintendent's Recommendation Regarding Changes in Personnel
- Approved Second Reading of the Revised 2020-2021 TCS Salary Schedule
- Approved 2021 Tuscaloosa City School Budget
- Approved Second Reading 2020 Capital Plan for Tuscaloosa City Schools
- Approved 2020-2021 Tuscaloosa Juvenile Detention Center Contract
- Approved Phased Reopening Dates for 2020-2021 and Recovery & Reopening Plan for SY 2020-2021