September 22, 2023
Parent Engagement Events Coming Up!
One of our campus goals this year is to increase participation in our parent and family events, and we have TWO events coming soon! On Tuesday, October 3rd, we will have Parent Night/Open House. When you come to this event, you will visit your child's classroom to see some of their amazing work, have the opportunity to visit our book fair, learn about what it means to be a Title I school, hear from our fabulous PTO, have the chance to buy tickets for some FANTASTIC PRIZES, and much more.
The schedule for the evening is:
Last Names Starting with A-M
5:30-6:00 - Classrooms
6:00-6:30 - Title I Meeting in Cafeteria & PTO Meeting
6:30-7:00 - Book Fair Shopping
Last Names Starting with N-Z
5:30-6:00 - Book Fair Shopping
6:00-6:30 - Title I Meeting in Cafeteria & PTO Meeting
6:30-7:00 - Classrooms
Tickets ($1 each) will be on sale (cash only) the week of October 2 during the school day and at our Parent Night event for prizes such as:
- Principal for Day
- Assistant Principal for the Day
- Librarian for the Day
- Class Popcorn Party
- Lunch with Mrs. Ashlock and a Friend
- Lunch with Mrs. Mallant and a Friend
- Lunch with the Counselor and a Friend
- Lunch with Mrs. Lynch and a Friend
- Lunch with Mrs. Simons and a Friend
- Birthday Visit from Our Mascot
- 4 Reserved Front Row Seats at Kindergarten Graduation
- 4 Reserved Front Row Seats at Fifth Grade Step Up Ceremony
- First Class to Have Recess on the New Playground Equipment
In order to help us make this event the most beneficial for you, please complete this 1-Question Survey to let us know what YOU want out of this event. We can't wait to see you there!
In addition to our Parent Night, we also have Family PE Week taking place on 10/4 and 10/5. See the graphic below to find out when to attend. Be sure to bring your ID to the front office first to get a visitor badge before making your way to the gym to join your child in some fun physical activity during their PE time.
Survey Results from Last Week
Thank you for your responses to last week's 1-Question Survey last week. Your responses will help us make better decisions about how we communicate with you when there is a situation that affects our campus.
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- Book Fair Volunteers - We are looking for volunteers to help out with book fair the week of 10/2-10/5. See the flyer below for more information.
- WatchDOGS - Click this link for more information, the program presentation from the district, the background form, and the registration form.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Join our PTO! The cost for an entire family is only $7. Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with at recess. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at email@example.com. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO).
- Parent Feedback Form - Any time you want to share your thoughts, you can email, call, or make an appointment to visit. Another way you can provide input is to simply complete our parent feedback form at any time. Your responses are anonymous unless you choose to include your name and/or contact information.
This Week at Lincoln
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 471
Welcome new students, Johseline D., Levi W., Ryleigh C., and Elyana L.
Our goal is to have 95% or better attendance each day. Good school attendance is a key indicator of future school success. Below is our average daily attendance for this month so far:
- Week of 9/5: 96.3%
- Week of 9/11: 96.2%
- Week of 9/18: 95.5%
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rates Last Week:
- Mrs. Perry - 100%
- Mrs. Meadors - 99.0%
- Mrs. Lawson - 98.8%
- Mrs. Bush - 98.0%
- Mrs. Jorgensen - 98.0%
- Mrs. Schaper - 98.0%
- Mrs. Christian - 97.9%
- Mrs. Robison - 97.1%
- Mrs. Gerbrecht - 96.5%
- Mrs. Veillon - 95.8%
- Mrs. Moore - 95.8%
- Mrs. Hochhauser - 95.7%
- Mrs. Spanjer - 95.5%
- Mrs. McClain - 95.2%
- Mrs. Lehmann - 95.1%
Staff Shout Outs
You can also submit names straight to the district. Visit Montgomery ISD's Let's Talk tab on the district website https://bit.ly/3xad64c and use the "Share a Positive Story/MISD Shout Out" topic to share something great this educator has done to demonstrate a culture of respect.
HEB Excellence in Education Awards - Nominate Your Favorite Educator Now!
Last year, Montgomery ISD was honored to be recognized as a finalist in the H-E-B Excellence in Education awards! Do you want to nominate a Montgomery ISD teacher, principal, or counselor for the 2023-24 Education in Education Awards? You can in the link below!
There is no doubt that we received this amazing recognition last year in large part due to the outstanding educators and campus leaders in our school district who work tirelessly every day to help our students grow and thrive.
- See You at the Pole (Hosted by Student-Led Bible Club)
- Campus Advisory Committee 4:15 PM (Virtual - Link will be sent via email to those who volunteer to participate.)
- Rock Your School Day (Wear Your Most Rockin' Outfit)
- Hat Day! Wear a hat and donate $1 to raise money for a student popsicle party!
- Week of 10/4 & 10/5 - Bring Your Parent to PE
- Week of 10/2-10/5 - Book Fair Week
- 10/3 - Parent Information Night/Open House (5:30-6:00 A-M Families; 6:00-6:30 PTO/Mrs. Ashlock Presentation; 6:30-7:00 Families N-Z); Late Night for Book Fair
- 10/5 - Choir Field Trip to MHS
- 10/5 - End of 1st Nine Weeks Grading Period
- 10/6-10/10 - Fall Break; No School
All About Lunch
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period starting on August 28. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K & ECSE (AM) - 11:30-12:00
- ECSE (PM) - 11:40-12:10
- Kindergarten - 12:20-12:50
- 1st Grade - 11:45-12:15
- 2nd Grade - 10:55-11:25
- 3rd Grade - 11:10-11:40
- 4th Grade - 12:05-12:35
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance, and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings, and class begins at 8:15. (This is the time students are expected to be in their seats in the classroom.)
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian no later than 3:15 pm.
Attendance is of critical importance to your child's academic success. Click here on a district update regarding attendance procedures for the 23-24 school year. Rather than sending a note to school with your child upon his/her return from an absence, parents will enter the absence information through Family Access in Skyward. Directions for entering the infomation is availble in the link above.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700