Emergency Medical Technicians
Cesar Lozano Period 7/8
In combat, or emergencies, physicians are not always available to help and treat the wounded, or injured, so there are EMTs that provide basic and emergency medical treatment.
What We Do:
We respond to emergency calls, and depending on the situation many times the lives of others depend on our quick thinking and responses. We have to be focused in our line of work because our competency is what decides the fates of the people we come across.
What is Involved:
- quick thinking
- physical strength
- medical transportation
- medical service provider
- assessment of patient condition and care needed.
- patient care reports and documentation of medical care given.
- Average Annual Salary: $30,000-$38,000
- Educational Level: Postsecondary non-degree award
- Average jobs: 220,000 to 300,000
- 33% (much faster than average) job outlook from 2010 - 2020
- projected employment for 2020 is averaged around 301,000