Note from the Principal
Monday, September 28th
As we head into our second full week of school, I am reflective of how resilient our community has been. Our students and teachers have faced many adversities and yet we are still finding joy and positive energy in our virtual classroom communities. This morning I dropped into several classrooms and found engaging educators, smiling students and student centered instruction. Thank you for partnering with us in this journey.
This week is full of fun, connection and learning. We will be kicking off our annual Dragonfly Dash this Thursday in a virtual format. There is a promo video coming from PSS on Wednesday to energize your children to engage with the new format. We are very excited to see pictures of kids being active this week while being connected virtually to one another.
Thursday is also our annual Curriculum Night. In consideration of the many stressors families and staff are experiencing as we juggle personal and professional responsibilities, we are approaching this event asynchronously this year. On Thursday evening, your child's teacher will be posting a video of themselves welcoming you to this memorable year! This will allow for families to access the video at a time that works best for them and also allow for families to participate in the Informational Night: Anxiety 101, being hosted by our district social workers.
This informational night for caregivers is back by popular demand... it was outstanding last year. You don't want to miss it! Please check out the flyer below. I encourage you to attend it will be worth your time!
Let's have a great week!
MAP Testing (more info below)
- Sept 28 - Oct. 16
Informational Night for Caregivers- Anxiety 101 - ALL Boones Students
- Thursday, October 1 6 - 7:30 pm
- meeting ID: 955 2301 7940 Passcode: 239841
CDL/Hybrid Curriculum Night
- Thursday, October 1
- asynchronous- posted in Google Classroom
Dragonfly Dash- ALL Boones Students (virtual)
- Thursday, October 1 - Kickoff!
Assessments Coming Soon!
PANORAMA Survey - Social and Emotional Learning
This year, our district is surveying Students (grades 3-12) on Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) and their school environment. We will use the results of this survey to help us meet the social and emotional needs of ALL our students, CDL/Hybrid and WLWV Online programs.
These surveys are happening with their teachers.
Parent Information Night- Anxiety 101
Wilsonville Public Library Announcement
Along with the West Linn Public Library, Wilsonville Public Library is offering an online Kindergarten Carnival from October, 1st-9th to introduce kindergarteners and their families to the Wilsonville Public Library! Here's how it works--
1) To start participating in the2020 Wilsonville Public Library Kindergarten Carnival, Wilsonville Kindergarteners pick up their special kindergarten packet at the Wilsonville Library’s lobby during one of these times:
- Thursday, October 1st from 2-4pm
- Friday, October 2nd from 2-4pm
- Saturday, October 3rd from 10am-4pm
If you are unable to pick up on one of the dates above, contact Jo Caisse at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.570.1592 to make special arrangements.
Through the generosity of the Friends of the Wilsonville Public Library, the special kindergarten packet includes a free Piggie and Elephant book for each participating kindergartener!
2) Kindergarten families register for the Kindergarten Carnival on the Beanstack app found on the library’s website found athttps://www.wilsonvillelibrary.org/kindy
3) By OCTOBER 9, 2020, participating kindergarteners that complete at least 3 of the challenges in Beanstack will be entered into a Grand Prize drawing! Grand prizes are more Piggie and Elephant books!
Dragonfly Dash! This week!
It's time to order your Boones Ferry Spirit Wear!
Shop at AmazonSmile
BoxTops for Education
Fred Meyer Community Rewards
Fred Meyers will also make a donation to PSS when you register your card and shop. More information can be found here.