- Fermium's atomic number is 100
- It's atomic mass is 257 u
- Number of protons is 100
- Number of neutrons is 157
- Number of electrons 100
- Melting point of Fermium 1,527º C
- It's boiling point is unknown
- Fermium's normal phase is solid
Uses of Fermium
- Fermium has no uses outside research.
- It is not for sale.
- The element Fermium belongs to the Rare Earth Metal family.
Interesting Facts About Fermium
- Fermium is named after Enrico Fermi.
- It was discovered in the fall out of the, "Ivy Mike" ten - megaton nuclear test in the South Pacific in 1952.
- It is the heaviest synthetic element.
- It is very difficult to obtain.
- Highly reactive.
- When it was discovered, it was kept a secret until 1955 due to the Cold War.