- Anxiety disorders are highly treatable
- Social anxiety is equally common among men and women.
- Social anxiety typically begins around age 13.
- Anxiety disorders affect 25% of teens.
- Anxiety disorders affect 30% of teen girls.
- There are different types of anxiety disorders, like Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Social Anxiety, Panic Disorders, Post-Traumatic Disorder (PTSD), etc.
- Anxiety is the most common form of mental illness in the United States.
- Some physical symptoms of anxiety during a panic attack include: shortness of breath, shaking, nausea, headache, and rapid heartbeat.
- 40% of adults suffer from an anxiety disorder some kind.
- Only 1 in 5 teens who suffer from anxiety disorders get the treatment.
Living With A Mental Disorder