AJS Weekly Bison Tracks
November 26, 2021
- November 29 - Student Council PJ Day
- November 30 - Regular Immunizations (Gr. 7, 8 & 9)
- December 1, 2:14 p.m. - Early Dismissal - Staff Meeting
- December 6, 7:00 p.m. - Canadian Parents for French Meeting (Virtual)
- December 6 - Student Council Wreath Decorating
- December 6, 13, 20 - Student Council - Where is Patty, Patrick & Pierre?
- December 7 - Student Council Red and Green Day
- December 8-15 - Student Council Gingerbread House Contest
- December 9 & 10 - Student Council Christmas Cookie Sales
- December 13 & 14 - Student Council Candy Gram Sales
- December 15 - Student Council Christmas Movie Character Dress Up Day
- December 16 - Student Council Ski Dress Up Day & Hot Chocolate Sales
- December 17 - Student Council Ugly Christmas Sweater Day & Santa Pictures
- December 20 - Student Council Christmas Hat Day
- December 21 -Student Council PJ Day & Dress Your Pet
- December 14, 6:30 p.m. - Junior High Band Concert (Presale Only)
- December 15, 6:30 p.m. - Senior High Band Concert (Presale Only)
- December 22 - January 4 - Christmas Break
- January 5, Day 1 - Classes Resume
- January 5, 2:14 p.m. - Early Dismissal - Staff Meeting
Reminder: Bring Your Mask
Thank you for monitoring your health and keeping the entire AJS family safe.
Junior High Interim Digital Report Card
We are pleased to announce that your child’s Term 1 Interim Report Card is available for online viewing and/or printing by 3 pm on Friday, November 20, 2020.
To access the online report card, log into your PowerSchool Parent Portal account and click on “Junior High Interim Report Card”. If you do not have a Parent Portal account, click on this link: Parent Portal and follow the instructions and/or instructional video.
If you wish to print the report card, click on the “print” button found on the right hand side of the top banner on the report card page. If you have any difficulty accessing, setting up, or printing the report card, please contact the school office at 780-922-2228.
Student Council Events
AJS Junior High/Senior High Band Concert Infomation
We have exciting information regarding our Junior High and Senior High Band Concert happening in December. We appreciate your patience around this as we are working to meet all of the requirements necessary for a live performance.
Covid protocols have been updated and we are now able to have live concerts because they are a part of the curriculum. The Band Program will be having Christmas Concerts on December 14th and 15th. This is a curriculum activity, if you child is not able to participate, please inform Mr. Basaraba as soon as possible.
December 14 – Junior High Concert
Band 7 – 6:30 p.m.
Band 8 – 7:15 p.m.
Band 9 – 8:00 p.m.
December 15 – Senior High Concert
Sr. Band and Jazz Band – 6:30 p.m.
Once again, we appreciate your patience as we work with much tighter guidelines for live audiences this year. As a Music program, we are feeling very grateful to have the opportunity to have a live audience and showcase the student’s hard work! The students are so excited to perform for you!
Any Questions, Concert, or Comments please contact Mr. Basaraba @ Raymond.email@example.com or phone the school.
Ardrossan Jr/Sr High Staff Recognition 2021-2022
AJS School Council is excited to begin a weekly staff recognition initiative! The staff at AJS go above and beyond to care for our kids every single day. What better way to say "thank you" than with a staff kudos!
Parents and students are welcome to fill out the Google form below, offering meaningful recognition to ANY member of the AJS staff. Your positive message will then be shared with the intended recipient.
Sometimes school can be tough... now is the chance to show your appreciation for the people that make the journey brighter along the way!
AJS Spirit/Grad Wear
The online store for the Ardrossan Spirit Wear as well as GRAD 2022 apparel is now live. Below is the link. It is also posted on our website. Please note, payment must be made at the time of order.
The store will be open November 15 – December 5, 2021. Items are anticipated to arrive in late January. Once we have the items, we will sort and distribute them through the office.
Christmas Gift Ideas - AJS Swag!
We have some amazing items for sale that would make great Christmas gift ideas!
Please log into PowerSchool, under Student Fees, to find the form for purchasing AJS SWAG. The form will be available from November 1 to December 8. Once the orders are closed, we will contact you for pick up at the office for the week of December 13. Payment must be made at the time of order. Check under the “paid” tab for confirmation of order and payment.
Please note there are limited quantities available! Order now so you do not miss out!
- The Chemistry 30 class worked on building organic molecule models.
- The French Immersion Science 9s are starting electricity and got to experiment with a Van de Graaff generator.
Fee Waiver Application Deadline
If circumstances exist where you’re unable to pay school or transportation fees, you can apply to have fees waived by submitting an Application for a Waiver of Fees. The application deadline is Dec. 15, 2021. If you’re new to the Division, the deadline is the latter of Dec. 15, 2021, or 45 days after registration.
To access your fee information, simply log in to the PowerSchool Parent Portal and go to “Student Fees.” There you can view your fees and pay them online using Visa or MasterCard. All fees are due within 30 days of being posted.
Don’t forget to also log in to the PowerSchool Parent Portal regularly throughout the year. Fees are often added to your child’s account to cover the cost of various school activities such as field trips, class projects, extracurricular activities and more.
For more information about school fees, waivers and payment deadlines, visit www.eips.ca/schools/fees and www.ardrossan.ca/about/fees. Alternatively, contact Kim Walsh at Ardrossan Junior Senior High at 780-922-2228.
Ardrossan Junior Senior High will close for the Christmas break at the end of the day on Tuesday, Dec. 21, 2021. The school will reopen on Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2022. During this time, if you have any school-related questions or concerns, contact Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) Central Services at 780-464-3477.
EIPS Central Services Christmas Break Hours
Open December 22 and 23; 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed Dec. 23, 2021 to Jan. 3, 2022
Open January 4; 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
*for location and contact information visit www.eips.ca.
From everyone at Elk Island Public Schools, we wish all of you a happy holiday season and a wonderful New Year.
Returning Student Registration for 2022-23
Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) will once again conduct an online returning student registration process to confirm student registrations for the 2022-23 school year. Families of all current students—with the exception of graduating Grade 12 students—must complete the process to confirm the school their child plans to attend in the 2022-23 school year or advise the Division of their plans not to return to EIPS. Additionally, students who want to attend a non-designated school need to make that request through the returning student registration process—acceptance is based on available space. The 2022-23 returning student registration takes place Feb. 1-28, 2022.
For more information, contact the school office at 780-922-2228.
RBC Future Launch Scholarship for Indigenous Youth
Are you an Indigenous youth in Canada looking to pursue post-secondary education? The RBC Future Launch Scholarship for Indigenous Youth could help you achieve your post-secondary goals. Apply today!
Now open for applications until January 5, 2022.
The RBC Future Launch Scholarship for Indigenous Youth will award 20 scholarships annually valued up to $10,000 each per year (up to 4 years) to First Nations, Inuit and Métis students across Canada demonstrating strong academic performance and community involvement. RBC has been providing a scholarship for Indigenous students to complete post-secondary education since 1992. To date, more than $1.8 million dollars have been awarded to 198 Indigenous youth across Canada pursuing post-secondary education.
RBC Future Launch Scholarship
FORGET EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT SCHOLARSHIPS. THIS ONE IS DIFFERENT.
Join a coding boot camp, learn French, enroll in a cosmetology course – You decide! The RBC Future Launch Scholarship could help you take your next step towards a better job. This Scholarship is for anyone from 15 to 29 who wants to learn something new… Could $1,500 make you more future ready?
Apply today. Now open for applications until December 15, 2021.
Are you stuck right now, but have a plan for how to achieve your dreams?
The RBC Future Launch Scholarship will be awarded to those who show a clear vision for their future.
- For Canadian youth between 15-29 years old
- Enrolled part time in school or not in school at all
- A Canadian Citizen or Permanent resident
- Grades and transcripts are not required
- Hundreds of scholarships available throughout the year
- Not working at RBC or a dependent of someone working at RBC
The $1,500 scholarship can be used for many different things, including:
- Short-term courses
- Necessary equipment or books
Young Women in Trades & Technologies – Mentorship Series: Industrial Trades
Join CAREERS: The Next Generation to learn about pursuing a career in the skilled trades, connect with other young women who share similar interests and receive important information on how you can land an awesome paid internship. Meet tradeswomen who are currently leading the way in the industry, as they share their career path stories and help you to navigate the career options that suit you best.
Examples of industrial trades include welding, gas fitter, steam fitter-pipefitter, industrial mechanic (millwright), ironworker, sheet metal worker and more!
Tuesday, November 30
Shad Canada is a STEAM and entrepreneurship program for students in grades 10 and 11. The program attracts students with high aptitudes for risk taking, curiosity, excellence and resilience, and prepares them to take on social and economic challenges. The month-long, summer program includes a real-world design challenge that asks students to work on issues such as food security, water management and waste. SHAD2022 will take place in person July 3-29, 2022. The application deadline is Dec. 6, 2021. There is a cost to register, but bursaries are available.
- November 25-27 - Jr. Sr. Boys Basketball EIPS Tournament @ ABJ
- November 25-27 - Jr. Sr. Girls Basketball EIPS Tournament @ Ardrossan
- November 30, 4:00 p.m. - Jr. Sr. Girls Basketball vs F.R. Haythorne
- November 30, 5:15 p.m. - Jr. Sr. Boys Basketball vs F.R. Haythorne
- December 2-4 - Jr. Jr. Basketball EIPS Tournament
- December 3 & 4 - Jr. Varsity Basketball Stampede Classic Tournament
- December 6, 4:00 p.m. - Jr. Sr. Girls Basketball vs SCA
- December 6, 5:15 p.m. - Jr. Sr. Boys Basketball vs SCA
- December 8, 4:00 p.m. - Jr. Jr. Boys Basketball vs F.R. Haythorne
- December 8, 5:15 p.m. - Jr. Jr. Girls Basketball vs F.R. Haythorne
- December 10 & 11 - Sr. Varsity Basketball Tournament - Sturgeon
- December 14, 4:00 p.m. - Jr. Sr. Girls Basketball vs ABJ
- December 14, 5:15 p.m. - Jr. Sr. Boys Basketball vs ABJ
- December 16, 3:30 p.m. - Jr. Jr. Boys Basketball vs SCA
- December 16, 3:30 p.m. - Jr. Jr. Girls Basketball vs SCA
- December 16-18 - Sr. Varsity Basketball Tournament - Bert Church
- December 20, 4:00 p.m. - Jr. Sr. Girls Basketball vs Lakeland Ridge
- December 20, 5:15 p.m. - Jr. Sr. Boys Basketball vs Lakeland Ridge
- January 7 & 8 - Jr. Sr. Basketball Bison Bowl Invitational Tournament
- January 7 & 8 - Sr. Varsity Basketball Tournament @ Beaumont Composite