December - Bester Elementary School
What are we learning?
- Guided Reading - tracking print, looking at beginning sounds, and comprehension
- Sight Words - play, look, he, she
- Word Families - at and ig
- Writing - writing a complete sentence that makes sense using the sounds they hear to spell words
- Math - counting on, recognizing and writing numbers 1-20, tens and ones, counting 1-50.
- Science - needs of plants and animals and how they change the environment
- Social Studies - people of the word
- Social Skills - students working on solving problems independently
What Can We Do at Home?
- When you are writing Christmas cards to friends and family, have your child sign his/her own name. Your child could even write his/her own card to special people.
- Have your child look k for sight words and letters in Christmas cards you receive.
If you and your child would like to send goodie bags and/or treats you are welcome to do so for the holiday season. Please check with your child's teacher to see how many students are in your child's class.
Please send in some snacks to share. Our cupboards are bare! Thank you!