September 30, 2022
Family PE Week
We are excited to share with you that our school is participating in Family PE Week from October 3-6. Daily physical activity has many benefits for kids, such as increasing their energy, focus, readiness to learn, and reducing stress and anxiety. We invite you to come participate in PE class with your child to witness the fun and engaging ways we are helping our kids to feel better, work together as a team, reduce anxiety, maintain focus in the classroom, and develop lifelong healthy habits.
- October 3-6
- 9:00-2:55 (See homeroom PE schedule for your child's PE time)
- Lincoln Elementary Gym - Please sign in with your valid ID to get a visitor badges in the front office before making your way to the gym.
Your influence as a parent is important for the support of physical education in our district's schools. We hope to see you in our class next week. Reach out to Coach Rader if you have any questions.
It's Book Fair season! Our Book Fair is coming to LES October 3rd -6th and we need volunteers to help! Sign up here!
Big Kahuna Fundraiser Launched!
We are excited about our Big Kahuna Fundraiser kick-off. We would love your support! The money we raise goes towards student enrichment materials and activities. This link has more information about the fundraiser. There are some great incentives the students earn as well! The more they sell the more great incentives they can earn!
A fundraiser packet was sent home with your child on Tuesday that has all of the details.
We are super excited to bring back the very popular party bus ride! The students who sell 15 items or more will get to go on the party bus. There is also a family plan option for siblings who sell 20 items together. See the fundraiser packet for details.
Online Sale Site: www.bigkahunaprime.com
Your school ID to register online is 4101
Important fundraiser dates:
Start Date: 9/27
End Date: 10/17
Online Site Closed: 10/24
Product Delivery Date: 11/14
Thank you for supporting the school fundraiser! You are making a difference!
Lincoln: Week in Review
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 451
Attendance (Goal 95%)
Average Daily Attendance Rate for August: 96%
Average Daily Attendance Rate for September: 94.4%
Average Daily Attendance Rate for the Week of:
- 8/29-9/2: 93.6%
- 9/5-9/9: 95.9%
- 9/12-9/16: 94.6%
- 9/19-9/23: 94.0%
- 9/26-9/30: 94.0%
***As a reminder, if your child is absent, be sure to send in a note within 48 hours or email email@example.com.***
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rate for the Week of 9/26-9/30:
- Ms. Thorp: 100%
- Ms. Bush: 99.2%
- Ms. Christian: 98.9%
- Ms. Torman: 97.6%
- Ms. McClain: 97.1%
Positive Office Referrals: 9
Make a Note
Please read below of some important information.
- Safety Concern: For the safety of our staff and students, please refrain from using cell phones in the car rider line. This is illegal and can result in a ticket and a fine.
- Students will not have school on October 7-11.
- Be on the lookout for information from your child's teacher regarding fall parent conferences. These will take place prior to Thanksgiving.
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- Family PE Week - Come join your child during their PE class and have some fun learning alongside him or her! See the schedule above for when your child has PE. *Be sure to check with them to see if they are in a "Bear" group to make sure you come on the correct day!
- Book Fair - Have you completed your volunteer form? Are you looking for a way to help out at school? Next week is our Book Fair! Mrs. Barfield still has several open spots for volunteers to help out. Click here to sign up!
- WatchDOGS - Click this link for more information, the program presentation from the district presentation, the background form, and the registration form. WatchDOGS begins on campuses September 26, 2022.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO). The next meeting is this Friday, October 14, at 9:00 a.m. at the school.
Staff Shout Outs
**Book Fair Week**
**Bring your Parent to P.E. Week**
Monday, October 3:
- National Custodial Workers Day
- Wear Blue for Stomp Out Bullying
Tuesday, October 4
- Wear Red for Light It Up Red for Dyslexia Awareness
Wednesday, October 5
- World Teacher's Day - Wear Light Blue
Thursday, October 6
- National lnstructional Coach's Day (Mrs. Simons)
- End of First 9-Week Grading Period
- Wear your spirit wear!
- Hat Day for $1 donation
Friday, October 7
- No School for Students
- Deadline for GT Nominations
- 10/7-10/11 - No School for Students
- 10/12 - Students and Staff Return
- 10/13 - Talent Show Auditions 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- 10/14 - PTO Meeting at 9:00 a.m.
- 10/14 - First Grade Field Trip to 7 Acre Wood
- 10/17 - Big Kahuna Fundraiser Ends
- 10/21 - Rock Your School Day!
- 10/26 - Talent Show Dress Rehearsal 4:00-5:30 p.m.
- 10/27 - Talent Show 6:00 p.m.
- 10/28 - Book Character Parade; Kindergarten Fall into STEM Day
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K - 10:40-11:10
- Kindergarten - 11:15-11:45
- 1st Grade - 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade - 12:15-12:45
- 3rd Grade - 11:35-12:05
- 4th Grade - 11:55-12:25
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings at 8:15
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700