Hi-lites week of Dec. 11, 2015
Entering the Third Week of Advent
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Highland Catholic School Christmas Program is Thursday, Dec. 17th.
Here are just a few quick points:
Dec. 17th 9:00 a.m. Program
This is a less crowded venue and perfect for picture taking. The daytime show is sometimes easier for Grandparents and younger siblings, too. And some parents love the show so much, they attend both performances, too.
1. Students should arrive to school in costume with regular out-of-uniform clothes to change into after the morning show. We will send the costume pieces home, so your child can come back to school at night dressed and ready to go!
2. Homework Club will be not be offered on Dec. 17th.
Extra Innings will close at 5 p.m., so that our actors can recharge at home before returning to school.
Dec. 17th 7:00 p.m. Program
We expect a full house. It is a great show.
1. Students will be allowed into school at 6:30 p.m. and will report to their homerooms.
Please do not drop students off before 6:30 p.m. IT IS NOT SAFE.
Students should arrive between 6:30-6:45 p.m.
2. Please keep your child’s coat and winter gear with you. Students DO NOT return to school after the show.
3. The church opens at 6 p.m.
4. We love babies, we are in the child business, but please do not risk a howling baby covering up a well-rehearsed line or measure of song. Duct tape isn’t an option, but perhaps a babysitter?
5. PLEASE DO NOT go into the church early and mark a pew. The only reserved pews are the Swing 2015 Front Pew and seats for the families of Mrs. Olson and Mrs. Ann Whiting-who deserve so much more for creating this wonderful show.
We would like to thank the parish staff for their help in our show preparations, especially Mr. Lindell Blanchette
New this year!
The LCCC Youth Group will hold a yummy Bake Sale following the 9 a.m. Show in the Gathering Space. Good time to pick up some Christmas goodies.
Can't wait to see you at the Show!
Preschool Advent Activities
These preschoolers are delighted with the gallery of baby photos nestled in the manger just like Baby Jesus.
C-DH Play Action
Our second graders and their teachers, Mrs. Molly Nelson and Ms. Sarah Broos, enjoyed "Where the Wild Things Are," at Cretin-Derham Hall. They spied some former HCS students in the cast!
First Grade Prayers
Our first graders are writing, illustrating and leading their classmates in Advent Reflections every morning. Stop in and warm your heart with their beautiful prayers.
Preschool Advent Activities
C-DH Play Action
Final Round of our Highland Catholic School Geography Bee
We had a great first round of the Geo Bee this afternoon. The ten finalist are:
Join us for the action on Friday, Dec. 18th, at 9:15 a.m. in the cafeteria. Our ten finalists will go head to head to answer some challenging Geography questions.
Finalists include: Michael W., Olivia E., Teddy A., Joe L., Nick E., Jane G., Joey C., HaVi N., Isaac A., and Charlie O.
Our school champion will advance to the next round!
Save the Date!
Upcoming ProDad's Breakfast Friday, January 8th, 2016
Inviting all Dads,Father figures and kids for a quick, before-school breakfast and a 45-minute program of family topics. You’ll take away some great tips and resources to help you be the best Dad you can be, and you’ll strengthen your relationship with your kids at the same time.
It’s fun! See you there...
http://www.allprodad.com/4443 (Pay $5 pp at door)
The 4th graders in Room #1 presented a Jesse Tree Ceremony to parents and other special guests on Tuesday. Each student created an ornament representing the holy people of Christ's lineage.
This week we light the pink candle, the JOY candle. Students in Grades 3-8 participated in Reconciliation Services on Dec. 10th as part of their Advent preparation. Thanks, to Sr. Lynore for finding so many priests to help as confessors for the students.
Lost and Found
Our school Lost and Found will be on display in the lower hallway during the next week. During Christmas break unclaimed items will be donated to local charities. It would be great to unite students with their lost belongings.
Dec. 15 Fifth Graders help at Feed My Starving Children
Dec. 16 Christmas Program Rehearsal in the morning
Dec. 16 Quiz Bowl Good luck 8th grade Team.
Dec. 17 Christmas Program 9 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Dec. 18 LATE START School begins at 9 a.m. Christmas vacation begins at 2:50 p.m.
Dec. 25 Merry Christmas
Jan. 4 School resumes. Happy New Year 2016!
Jan. 12 Parishioner Status Form Due for 2016-17