8th Grade ELA News
November 16th, 2015 This Week
Our Learning Targets
Our goals this week are:
- Identify tone and mood in our novel.
- Discuss how perspectives affect the plot.
- Review dystopian societies.
- Compare and contrast dystopian leaders to one another.
- Create predictions based on textual evidence.
- Students should be reading at least 30 minutes per night.
The Media Center is collecting Coke Rewards points! Turn them in to help our school!
8th Grade ELA Overview
During each unit, students will explore the elements of effective writing, read and analyze fiction and nonfiction, and develop reading strategies. Students will examine literature from the perspective of a writer and use their study of literature to improve their own writing. Students will improve their vocabulary through a variety of activities. Utilizing mentor sentences, students will analyze grammatical structures in writing. Students will maintain a portfolio to demonstrate their growth in language arts. Reading, writing, language, viewing, speaking and listening skills will be developed through a variety of individual and group assignments.