East Elementary News
Be the Change You Want to See in the World
October 17th-October 21st, 2016
- RTI Meetings - See schedule below under RTI heading
- 2:00 504 Meeting Collinsworth/Deen/McCullough
- 8:00 Lippe here to observe McCullough
- "Where Ya Headed Wednesday"-- every Wednesday wear jeans and a college t-shirt and talk to students about what they want to be and what it takes to get there!!
- 10:30 Admin Meeting at Central
- Grade Level Team Meetings during Conferences
- 2:00 ARD Collinsworth/Bayles/Haigwood
- Several teachers out for training
- 2:00 ARD Brooks/Bayles/Reed
- 3:00 October Fire Drill and Reverse Evacuation Drill--- All students out for fire drill; then whistle will be blown for reverse evacuation drill; we will enter buidling and lockdown in classrooms. We will talk about this during announcements.
- Fall Picture Day
- Spirit Day- Wear Green! Go Bucks!
RTI (Response to Intervention) Meetings on Monday
RTI is an instructional approach or framework that identifies students who have gaps in learning or behavior, and immediately provides them with increasingly intense levels of interventions until the gaps are closed. Some schools call it “multi-tiered systems of support,” or MTSS.
“RTI” may have different meanings to general educators and special educators. To general educators, it is an instructional framework that provides all students with the instruction they need for learning success. To special educators, RTI is the documentation of a student’s response to intervention that may be used to determine a learning disability.
The goal of an RTI framework is to intervene early – when students begin to struggle with learning – to prevent them from falling behind and developing learning difficulties. RTI has these key elements:
- reliable, valid assessments administered to all students;
- explicit, differentiated instruction for all students;
- research-based interventions to target specific students’ needs;
- ongoing professional development to support teachers and administrators.
Each element is essential for effective RTI implementation. None can be lacking or missing for RTI to have its intended impact on all students’ learning.
We will meet with each teacher for 15 minutes to discuss Tier 2 and Tier 3 students. We will try to keep our focus on what we can control?
Our goal is to ask the following questions:
-Where are they now?
-Where do we need them to be?
-What needs to happen to get them there?
9:45-Kennedy (Pierce to Cover)
KUDOS FROM LAST WEEK'S NEWSLETTTER
- Kudos to Mrs. Crenshaw for taking time to make a tracking sheet for Frog Games.
- Kudos to Ms. Delores… thank you for finding food for us during Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Kudos to Mrs. Lester for going above and beyond for fellow kindergarten teachers
- Kudos to Mrs. Wright for recognizing my class for good behavior… had a sub at the Fire Station; and had a note saying they were great; and was told that in the hallway by Mrs. Wright.
- Kudos to Mrs. Wright for going above and beyond to cover when and where ever she is asked.
20-October Fire Drill 9:35
21-Fall Picture Day
24th-28th- RED RIBBON WEEK
24-UPDATED 1:00 Harlem Wizards Assembly
25-Buckaroo Book Night- Buckaroo Football Field
27-Noah Project Presentations
27-Rod Pruitt Presentations in PE
14th-18th Book Fair Week
15th-Family Night at Book Fair
17th- Thanksgiving Lunch at East Elementary
RED RIBBON WEEK ACTIVITIES
Red Ribbon Week is October 24th - 28th. This is a time we celebrate being drug free and make pledges to stay drug free.
Here is a list of the activities we have planned for Red Ribbon Week.
Monday: Wear a Mustache - We “mustache” you not to do drugs.
Pledge to be drug free (East Elementary)
Tuesday: Minions - There are a minion reasons to be drug free!
Pledge to be drug free (North Elementary)
Wednesday - Pirates - We “AAARRR” drug free.
Thursday - Pajamas - Don’t get caught sleeping, say no to drugs.
Parent Meeting After School 5:00 - 6:00
Friday - Superhero - Be a superhero and don’t use drugs.
WHO IS ON DUTY??? October 10th-October 14th ALL #3's again!
Front Door Greeters:
4. B. Haigwood
Pre K Cafeteria
1st Grade Gym