By; Brandon, Trey, and Finn
- Vietnam is bordered on the north by China and to the west by Laos and Cambodia.
- The total land area of Vietnam is 329,569 square kilometers.
- Located 15.4549 N and 106.5760 E
- It is located on the Indochina Peninsula
- Vietnam's government is a Socialist Republic
- Vietnam's capital city is Hanoi
- Vietnam's government is lead by one political party
- The tallest mountain in Vietnam is Fansipan
- The major River in Vietnam is Mekong
- Tropical and highland forests cover 40% of Vietnam
- The economy of Vietnam is a developing planned economy and market economy.
- Their exports are Oil, rice, rubber, coffee, textiles, garments, coal, aquaculture, and processed forest products.
- Their imports are petroleum, steel, fertilizer, electronics, machinery, and equipment.
- Vietnam's main industries are machinery, refined petroleum, steel, and cloth.
- The currency is the Vietnamese Dong.
- Vietnamese is the national and official language of Vietnam
- Vietnamese vocabulary has borrowings from the Chinese language
- About 75 million people speak Vietnamese
- Vietnam's culture is unknown to most people outside of Vietnam.
- Xoan singing is a folk cultural product of Phú Thọ province. The last point of time that. Xoan accompany still sang in communal houses of the villages in spring was in 1945.
- The Dan Nhi is popular among several ethnic groups in Vietnam. It is also referred to as Dan Co in southern provinces of Vietnam.
- Vietnam's culture is one of the oldest in Southeast Asia.
- Vietnam's climate can be divided a tropical and a temperate zone.
- It is characterized by strong monsoon influences, has a considerable amount of sun, a high rate of rainfall, and high humidity that makes it sometimes feel quite uncomfortable.
- Regions located near the tropics and in the mountainous regions have a slightly cooler, more temperated climate
- The annual average tempeture ranges from 22°C to 27°C year-round
- The three main religions of Vietnam are Mahayana Buddhism, Confucianism, and Taoism
- The Biggest religion in Vietnam is Mahayana Buddhism
- Vietnam's current flag was created in 1955
- The flag is red with a yellow star in the middle
- Red symbolizes the revolution and blood
- The yellow represents the farmers, workers, youth, intellectuals, and the soldiers of Vietnams
Neighboring Nations and Oceans
- Vietnam is neighboring Laos, Cambodia, and China
- Vietnam is neighboring The South China Sea, Gulf of Tonkin, and The Gulf of Thailand
- Vietnam's GDP is 1,910.51 USD per capita
- Vietnam"s GDP is larger then is neighbor Cambodia
- Vietnam's literacy rate is 93.4% can read in the population over age 15
- Male- 95.4%
- Female 91.4%
Infant Mortality Rate
- The infant mortality rate in Vietnam is 19 deaths per every thousand births
- Vietnam's infant mortality rate has decreased in the last 3 years
Culture Grams. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Mar. 2015.
factsmonster.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Mar. 2015.
national geographic. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Mar. 2015.
wikipedia. N.p., 11 June 2012. Web. 11 Mar. 2015. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam>.
wikipedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Mar. 2015. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Vietnam>.
wolfram alpha. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Mar. 2015.
the world factbook. N.p., 4 Nov. 2013. Web. 11 Mar. 2015.