Week of January 12th
5 Essentials Survey
Berwyn South School District 100 families are invited to provide feedback to schools through 5Essentials, a survey that all Illinois public schools use to gather feedback from students, parents, and employees.
Your participation in the parent portion of the survey will help us understand the conditions at your child’s school and guide improvement. Your identity and survey responses will be kept completely confidential and will never be connected to you or your child.
Please click on the link below to access the survey.
After School Clubs
Tuesday, 1/14 3:00-4:15 pm
Wednesday, 1/15 3:00-4:00 pm
Thursday, 1/16 7:30 am
Morning Drop Off
Children with symptoms of illness are not in the best frame of mind for learning. Remember your child’s illness has an impact on all students learning.
Please do not send a child to school if any of the following are present:
● Constant coughing
● Temperature of 100 or higher
● Rashes or any scratching for unknown reasons, with or without fever
● Red watery eyes that were crusted shut upon awakening
Continue to keep your child home after an elevated temperature until he/she has a normal temperature for 24 hours without the use of anti-fever medication. Please do not call your child’s school requesting that your child stay indoors at lunch/recess. In cases of inclement weather all the children will stay indoors. If your child is too sick to go outdoors, the school requires a physician’s note. In order to be excused from P.E./gym, a physician's note is required.
Birthday Celebrations & Treats
The following practices remain in place this year regarding treats in school. Your cooperation will help ensure a safe and healthy environment for all children.
Edible birthday treats are not permitted at school. This policy expands the district's wellness program to promote student health and wellness. If treats are sent in, they will not be distributed.
Please know that each grade level has a unique way of making your child feel special on his or her birthday. Birthdays will also be recognized during the morning announcements for all students. We will continue to provide numerous opportunities for positive social experiences and celebrations throughout our curriculum and PBIS Program.
- Students will be dismissed at 3:00 p.m. to the same classroom lines they line up at in the morning.
- If your child is attending the YMCA Aftercare or the Berwyn Rec Aftercare, they will line up in our building to be dismissed to the staff members of the aftercare.
- If you are picking up your child by car, please read carefully the directions for Parent Pick Up. Your child will be dismissed from the door on East Ave labeled 7W (closest to East Ave and 26th Street). You can pull up and stop to pick up your child. You may NOT park in this area, if your child is NOT outside you will need to circle around the block. We appreciate your attention to this in order to keep traffic moving and keep our students safe.