Digital Assessment Made Easy
with Microsoft Forms
Descriptor: Microsoft Forms is a new part of Office 365 Education that allows teachers or students to easily and quickly create custom surveys, quizzes, questionnaires, registrations and more. Form authors can invite others to complete forms, which they can do using any web browser, even on mobile devices. During this session, participants will learn how to create forms and share them with their students to assess the content they have presented in class.
PLC Guiding Questions
1. What is it we want our students to learn?
2. How will we know if each student has learned it?
3. How will we respond when some students do not learn it?
4. How can we extend and enrich the learning for students who have demonstrated proficiency?
- Participants will be able to create their own forms using various question types
- Participants will be able to adjust the settings to shuffle questions and answers, and apply a deadline
- Participants will be able to deliver a form to student’s in multiple ways
- Participants will be able to read the results of form in two ways
- Participants created a form and added more than one question type
- Participants applied a deadline to a form and learned how to change the settings of a form.
- Participants learned at least one way to distribute a form.
- Participants analyzed a form response in real time
Task 1: Taking an Assessment Overview
Task 2: Creating an Assessment
- Go to www.forms.office.com
- Teachers will create a Form with at least two different types of questions and at least 3 questions
Form Question Types
- Choice (single/multiple choices) | No correct answer
- Text (short answer/long answer)
- Rating (Likert scale)
Task 3: Sharing an Assessment
- Click anywhere on the Padlet and copy and paste your link.
Task 4: Taking Assessments Viewing Reports
- Click on someone else’s link and take their assessment.
- View reports and Summary and Individual
- Download results into Excel