Queen of Apostles School
Term 1 Week 10 - Thursday 7 April 2022
Friday 8 April - END OF TERM 1
TERM 2 COMMENCES
Wednesday 27 April
Dance PP - Yr 6
Thursday 28 April
11.00am SRC ANZAC Ceremony
Wednesday 4 May
Dance PP-Yr 6
Friday 6 May
Monday 9 May
6.30pm P&F Meeting
Tuesday 10 May
Wednesday 11 May
Dance PP-Yr 6
Thursday 12 May
Friday 13 May
Littlies Lap-a-thon (Details to be announced)
The Easter period brings with it a reminder of the importance of lived Gospel values. As we reflect during the season of Lent, we pray in solidarity for those in our community affected by COVID-19. We have been humbled by the remarkable acts of generosity and kindness in our school community.
Easter is also a time for renewal and hope. As we prepare for the solemnity of Holy Week and the joy of Easter, let us reflect on the strength of our Christian unity.
I wish you and your family every blessing this Easter and may it be a time of renewal as you celebrate together.
To Our Families
Thank you for your amazing support throughout Term One. By standing alongside our teachers and staff you have enabled us to support your child’s learning in the most challenging of times. Your child’s attendance at school underpins their learning, social and emotional development, as well as their physical and mental wellbeing.
I recognise how concerning it has been for many of our families who have faced a COVID-19 diagnosis and understand the stress this may have placed on many households. Thank you for doing the right thing by isolating for the required period of time.
Term Two Guidelines
Guidelines for the start of Term Two were announced by the State Government last week. This was followed up by information from CEWA. Essentially, the operations of the school will stay pretty much the same. Below is a run-down of operations for the beginning of next term:
- The mask mandate for Year 3 to 6 is still in place. Optional for other year levels.
- Outdoor drop off and pick up of children with social distancing and mask wearing will still take place.
- Parents are not able to enter the school buildings or volunteer to assist in classrooms during the school day.
- Parent meetings with teachers can be requested and held as long as children are not in the classroom.
- School Advisory Council and P&F meetings are able to proceed on site after school hours.
- Assemblies will be able to take place for single year groups only. Parents are able to attend.
- Year levels will be kept separate as much as possible.
- Year level incursions and excursions can take place with COVID safe measures in place.
- The ANZAC Ceremony will be conducted by the SRC over the PA system with children in classrooms.
- The Littlies Lapathon and School Cross-County will take place in year levels only. Parents will be advised of the times and procedures closer to the date.
- Edudance lessons will take place in the Undercover Area.
We are hoping that all staff get to the end of this term, COVID free, so they can all enjoy a well-deserved rest. Likewise, we hope that all families are able to enjoy some happy, healthy and special time together in the school holidays. If there are any updates, I will keep you informed.
COVID Self Reporting Portal
The Department of Health (WA Health) has brought to my attention that some of our parents have reported a positive COVID-19 RAT result on the school’s COVID-19 Self-Reporting Portal, but have omitted to do so on the WA Health RAT Register, as is required by the WA Government.
As a reminder, if your child has a positive RAT result you need to:
- Self-isolate for a minimum of 7 days.
- Register via the WA Health RAT Register.
- Register via the school’s COVID-19 Self-Reporting Portal – https://cewa-collections.powerappsportals.com/COVID-19-Self-Reporting-Form/ even during the school holidays.
- At day 7, if symptoms are still present, continue isolating until symptoms clear.
- If no symptoms are present after day 7, you can leave self-isolation. No testing is required.
P&F Easter Raffle Winners
Thank you to our P&F for kindly donating the wonderful prizes for the Easter Raffle which was drawn this week. Every child received a free entry into the raffle and 3 names were drawn randomly from each class.
The lucky winners were:
Kindy - Isabel, Aaron and Raven
PrePrimary - Annie, Kristan, Theo M
Year 1 - William, Nethuli, Amelie
Year 2 - Ben, Dania, Taylah
Year 3 - Declan, Louie, Jingfang
Year 4 - Sofia, Shanvi, Matthew
Year 5 - Jingwen, Molly, Hayden
Year 6 - Bryn, Luke, Callan
2022 Professional Development Day & Public Holiday Reminder
The following dates are the remaining pupil free days for 2022. Please ensure you have them in your diaries.
Monday 26th April - ANZAC Day Holiday
Tuesday 27th April - Staff Professional Development Day
Monday 6th June - WA Day Holiday
Monday 18th July - Staff Professional Development Day
Friday 23rd September - Catholic Day Holiday
Monday 7th November - Staff Professional Development Day
I wish everyone in our community a restful holiday and a Holy Easter.
Please look after yourselves, your family and those close to you.
See you Wednesday 27th April for the start of Term Two.
Class of the Week
During Art, Year 3 students have been enjoying making sunflowers. They get to use this image to represent the light of Jesus. Through Art, they also enjoyed sharing in class what their families do together.
Most of the Year 3’s told us that Sport was their favourite subject. When asked why, the answer was a unanimous, ‘because it’s the only thing that is fun!’
Project Compassion Update
Our Project Compassion giving boxes have been full of generous donations. Thank you to all those students who contributed to their class box.
The overall winner of the Project Compassion Chicken Coop Competition is YEAR SIX.
They were not only generous in their giving but creative in raising funds through their pop-up crochet and craft shops.
The competition is over, but donations can be made up until Friday afternoon when boxes will be collected for the final time.
The total raised from our giving boxes and raffle will be announced next term.
Thank you for supporting Caritas with their important work throughout Australia and around the world.
Valencia Maloney & the Social Justice Committee
Photos: Students in Year 6 and the inaugural Gold Bunny.
Entertainment Book Memberships
Hop into an eggcellent Easter with the family and enjoy a bonus eGift card!
You will receive limited time Bonus Offers and a Bonus eGift card when you purchase your Entertainment Membership and support our fundraiser.
The current promotion has been extended to 18th April 2022.