2015 Year in Review
Global Marketing - Devin Thiele
Three Companies that Marketed their Companies the Best
1. Apple stands as the one technology company that truly gets marketing. It defines the next big thing and creates game-changers in existing markets before people themselves even know what they want. It doesn't use focus groups or research; Apple is its own focus group. Coming out with the IPhone 6S this year has remarkably let them grow even more as a company.
2.Geico is one of the most widely recognized insurance brands in the world, it is all about two things: Warren Buffet and marketing. Geico also has some of the best concepts on the planet: The Gekko, the Caveman, the little piggy, and the electricity-generating guinea pigs in a rowboat. These commercials have a comical appeal and also gets to the point which leads to the company to have success
3. Budweiser has become an American institution and perhaps the most powerful and successful alcoholic beverage brand of all time. There commercials and marketing strategies are tremendous, including there branding for sports. Being the proud sponsor for the St Louis Cardinals and many other teams in America
Two Best Products
1. Apple Watch
2. Amazon Echo
Two Worst Products
1. Hover Board
Best Movies of 2015
Star Wars 7
The new addition to the series was very successful because they marketed it very well. They have a lot of movies within the series so they used the fans they already had and made them really excited about the new movie. It has already became one of the top grossing movies ever and it hasn't even been released in China yet.
This movie is an adaptation of the Rocky series. This movie is just a great way for our generation to have its own Rocky as well as include the vintage boxer involved as well.
This movie is the seventh movie of the series and really does a good job.The marketing involved countless commercials and news interviews which helped the film become to popular.
Star Wars 7
Best Musical Artists
Adele has become a well known name around the world and it is mainly due to her singing voice. But this couldn't be possible if she didn't have the marketing skills she has. Interviewing with radio stations and having live shows helps her really be publicized.
Coldplay came out with two albums last year which were both very popular. They focus on great vivid music videos which gain fans and their live shows are usually shown on YouTube or television. This marketing strategy helps them really get their name out even when they are one of the most popular bands right now anyways.
This 19 year old from Georgia has really became a well known name in 2015. Having a very popular twitter and instagram page he connects with his fans through that. He also performs on Late Night and other shows which make him become even more popular.
Top 5 Best Sports Moments of 2015
1. Steph Curry breaks a 40-year drought, brings Golden State a title
2. Serena Williams comes within three sets of winning the Grand Slam
3. American Pharoah wins Triple Crown
4. The Seahawks give away the Super Bowl
5. Royals bring a title back to Kansas City