Kingsmen Parent Newsletter
Once a Kingsmen, always a Kingsmen!
Greetings Kingsmen Families,
Welcome to week 15 of Semester 2! This is a very special week as we welcome all of our teachers back to campus! All students on campus will now be attending their classes online with the teacher teaching the class! Last week, we began our state testing. Over 60% of our students successfully started and completed the first portion of the English CAASPP state test. We will start the math portion of the test on Wednesday, May 5th. Ask your students how the test went and if they were able to successfully complete the English part. If you have any questions about your child finishing, please feel free to contact their 1st period teacher. All students are testing in their first period class throughout the entire school day on May 5th and 6th.
Below you will find important information for this week:
- SPECIAL SCHEDULE: NCM will follow a special schedule on May 5 and 6th for testing. Please scroll down to view the class schedule for this week.
- Coffee with the Principal: We will hold a parent meeting for Coffee with the Principal on May 5th at 1:45pm. Please note the special time of 1:45pm, immediately afterschool. Please click on the meeting flyer for login information. Meeting Flyer
- 8th Grade Promotion: Sweetwater Union High School District recently announced that beginning the week of June 2, should the COVID-19 conditions allow, schools will host modified in-person promotion ceremonies for our 8th graders. We will update you with further information when it is available. Click on the promotion ceremony link for further information. Promotion Ceremony Link Information
- Summer School: We will hold a summer session at NCM for credit recovery purposes starting June 7th and ending on June 25th. The hours will take place from 8:00am-1:30pm in-person. If you have any questions, please contact the NCM counselors.
- Reopening Information: You can access our school reopening plan by clicking here: NCM Return to School Plan.
- Meal Service: Please visit the SUHSD Food Services website for the day of lunch distribution to families. Please click on the link for details.
- School Main Office: The main office is open during school hours for parents to contact school personnel with any questions. You may call 619-336-2600 to reach school personnel as well. Please remember to wear your mask and social distance. Hours:
We hope you have a great week!
Hector Meza Parenting Training Series
Miriam Nenninger Training Series
Student Tutoring Services & Help Desk
Click on this button to sign up your child for Saturday online tutoring.
******SPECIAL Testing Schedule*****
Support for Students During Online Distance Learning
Teacher Office Hours
Ask a Kingsmen!
Does your child have a question regarding their class or are confused about anything in particular that we can help your child with? We have fellow Kingsmen students to help answer those questions! Ask your child to fill out this form and a WEB Leader or an ASB Member will reach out to help them as best as they can. Kids helping kids, that's the Kingsmen spirit!
NCM Counselors are here to support YOUR CHILD! Here are services your child's counselor can provide:
- Support with contacting teachers when students are struggling in classes.
- Providing academic guidance to allow students to create goals for college or a career.
- Providing counseling service to students during times of transition, heightened stress, critical change or other situations impeding student success.
- Referrals to community service programs for additional support for families
If you would like your child to receive services from their counselor, please email your child's counselor.
Student Center Staff
Teresa Walkup (Resource Teacher): firstname.lastname@example.org
Karly Gamez-Diaz (Student Program Facilitator): Karly.Gamez-Diaz@sweetwaterschools.org
Doralicia Real (Community Relations Facilitator): Doralicia.Real@sweetwaterschools.org
Blanca Juarez Saenz (Bilingual Tester): Blanca.JuarezSaenz@sweetwaterschools.org
Juan Gonzalez (Principal): Juan.Gonzalez3@sweetwaterschools.org
Hilda Cadena (Assistant Principal): Hilda.Cadena@sweetwaterschools.org
Fernando Chaidez (Assistant Principal): Fernando.Chaidez@sweetwaterschools.org
Community Resources & Announcements
Have you or a family member been affected by COVID-19? There are resources to assist you. Click on the link for further information.
Please click on this link for rental assistance programs.
SBCS is now accepting applications from qualifying low-income families affected by COVID-19 for financial assistance to help past due utility bills. Click on this button for information.
If you are in need of internet access at your home, click on this button to access the SUHSD Wireless Request Application.
*****Sweetwater Union High School District Tech Support*****
Tech Support Ticket
Click on the Help Desk picture to submit a support ticket. Please allow 24 hours for a response. Parents can also call the Help Desk number 619-585-7995 Option 5. Hours 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Click on the picture to access the link to assist your child in resetting their password.
SUHSD Tech Support Site
Visit the main SUHSD parent and student page for additional support with technology.
Tech Support Ticket
*****General Information for NCM Parents*****
To report an absence or correct an attendance error, please utilize this form.
Please use the help desk to submit a ticket for questions, technical issues or any other concerns you would like addressed by our staff.
Are your students confused about their login information? Use this helpful link to view the login information for our school applications. You can also find this information on NCM's website under the student tab.