Silver Creek Chronicle
Week of August 16th, 2021
A Message from the Principal
Grade Level Weekly Newsletters
Please click on the grade level buttons below to see what your SC Camper is learning this week. (TIP: scroll to the right to see more in each link!)
Friday we were able to load 257 cars in just 20 minutes! That’s an average of over 11 cars per minute. Believe me when I say, I’m not afraid to make adjustments when necessary to ease congestion and will always advocate for Silver Creek and our families. I am in daily communication, both after arrival and dismissal, with our admin office, Azle ISD PD, and Azle PD to share our concerns. I do appreciate your patience more than you know.
- Drop-Off in the morning will begin at 7:15.
- Please do not begin to line up prior to that time.
- We will begin dismissing at our regular time, 3:15, beginning on Monday.
- I ask that you please do not begin lining up until 3:00. Cars who have waited to get in line to pick up their students until dismissal have had NO WAIT. If possible please wait to enter the que.
- It is imperative that you have your yellow car tag visible to both the callers and those loading your children.
- At 3:45 we will begin calling the families of the students who have not been picked up
- If your child needs to change their transportation for the day please email email@example.com before 2:00PM.
- If your student is needing to be picked up early please do so before 2:30PM.
From the Counselor
We had such a great time during our House Selection Rally Friday! Ask your student about it! J Now that everyone has been sorted into one of our six houses, we can begin earning points and celebrating our successes. Our first event will be on September 10th. Students have been working hard to earn tickets they can spend to attend. This will also be another dress up day, so send your student to school wearing their house color! I want to welcome our new families to Silver Creek. And to our returning families, I missed you and am glad you are back. I am looking forward to a great year with all of your kids. They are the best part of my day!
Love to all!
- This year breakfast and lunch are free for all students
- If you are wanting your camper to eat breakfast please have them to school prior to 7:30
- August 30: Fundraising Kick-Off!
- September 3: Student HOLIDAY
- September 3: Progress Report 1 issued
- September 6: HOLIDAY
- September 6-10: Substitute Appreciation Week
- September 8: Grandparents Day for last names A-L
- September 9: Grandparents Day for last names M-Z
- September 10: TRRFCC Ticket Event and House Dress Day!
- September 13: First Responders Day
- September 17: Fundraiser Ends
- September 24: Progress Report 2 Issued
- September 27: TRRFCC Ticket Store during WIN time this week
October 5: Fundraiser Delivery
October 11- Student HOLIDAY
October 12 - Student HOLIDAY - Staff Development
October 13: Success Rally and House Dress Day
October 15: Report Card Issued
October 25 - 50th Day of School
October 25-29 - Red Ribbon Week
October 28: Pajama Jam - Literacy Night (5:00-7:00PM)
- November 5: Progress report Issued
- November 9: Thanksgiving Lunch for last names (A-L)
- November 10: Thanksgiving Lunch for last names (M-Z)
- November 11: Veteran's Day Parade
- November 12: TRRFCC Ticket Event and House Dress Day
- November 22-26: Thanksgiving Break - No School
- November 29: Student HOLIDAY - Staff Development
- November 29: Progress Report Issued
- November 30: TRRFCC Ticket Store this Week
- December 15: Success Rally and House Dress Day!
- December 16: 3rd Grade Winter Performance
- December 17: Class Holiday Parties (9:00-10:00AM)
**DATES AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!**