Ranger News, Week of November 25, 2019
From the Principal
Students will attend school this week on Monday and Tuesday and will then be out of school Wednesday through Friday for Thanksgiving Break. Students may continue to bring in non-perishable food items Monday and Tuesday that will be donated to the Sonny Day Community Center for the benefit of our own Warren families.
On behalf of the RPIMS staff, I wish you and your family a restful and peaceful Thanksgiving!
John Kleine, Ed.D.
Morning Student Arrival Information
As the weather becomes increasingly colder, it is important to review our morning drop-off procedures. Recently, we have had a large number of students on campus prior to 8:30 a.m. This presents a safety concern as those students are standing outside in frigid temperatures and are left unsupervised.
- Students are not able to enter the building until 8:30 a.m. This is the earliest we can guarantee appropriate adult supervision.
- Students should NOT be dropped off prior to 8:30 a.m. each day; if they are, they will be standing in cold temperatures until staff supervision arrives and students are let in to the cafeteria.
- Given that school begins at 8:55 a.m. for 5th and 6th grade students and 9:02 a.m. for 7th and 8th grade students, the school is allowing families an additional 25-30 minutes of time for their student to be supervised by inviting students in the building at 8:30 a.m.
- Please use this information and follow the Car Line Procedures (below) to create the car-rider line safety for morning and afternoon travel.
- Please also follow the instructions of all staff members outdoors as they direct and supervise parking lot and drop-off line areas.
The safety and supervision of your student and our staff is always our top priority - we ask for you support in helping us with these efforts.
From the Office of Exceptional Learners:
If your student needs Math or Science homework assistance, they can call AskRose. Please see information below:
Tutors are available by phone Sunday - Thursday, 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm (ET) at:
RPI&MS PTSA News
Don't forget to join our Parent Teacher Student Association and support all of the wonderful student activities and events throughout the school year! Your $7 membership earns you a weekly PTSA electronic newsletter and membership incentives. Our PTSA sponsors Back To School Night treats, Warren Homefest, the quarterly CORE Celebrations, teacher reimbursement for school supplies, open gym nights, family bingo night, field trip fundraisers, end of year celebration treat for all students, 8th grade celebration gift, and staff appreciation days. Our PTSA coordinates the school-PTSA joint fall fundraiser, grade level fundraisers, weekly slushy sales, RP-AMC monthly family movie events, Box Top collection contests, quarterly roller skating parties at the Roller Cave and Sonny Day Community Center volunteering nights. We have over 400 members this year! Join us!!
Congratulations to our 5th grade students and staff for winning our PTSA membership contest this year!
Please contact our PTSA for more information: email@example.com
SCHOOL DISTRICT PUBLICATIONS/NEWS MEDIA USE
Dr. John Kleine - Principal
Mrs. Jina Simmons - 5th Grade Level Administrator
Mr. Andrew McAulay - 5th Grade Counselor
Mrs. April Price - 6th Grade Level Administrator
Ms. Katie Piatt - 6th Grade Counselor
Mr. Bill Halpin - 7th Grade Level Administrator
Mrs. Iris Parrish -7th Grade Counselor
Dr. Leondra Radford - 8th Grade Level Administrator
Mrs. Adrienne Mathews - 8th Grade Counselor
Lisa Stewart - Nurse
To apply you must be in the 7th or 8th grade. Contact Katie Piatt RPMS Educational Counselor for application firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-532-8900 X8910.