Divine Providence School
April 15, 2021 Home and School Connection
REMINDER! Tomorrow is a 11:30 dismissal for Optional Parent Teacher Conferences
Email your child's teacher if you would like a conference. Extended Care WILL BE available.
Refer a new family and get a BIG discount!
You can receive $500 off tuition next year by referring a new family! You can receive more than one discount if you refer more families. (You would receive the discount at the end of the 21/22 school year provided the referred family has been current with all tuition payments)
NUT cards! All students who have registered for next year will receive a NUT card! This will give them Friday out of uniform days from March 12- June 4th! The first class to get 100% response about next year (either they are registered or have let us know you will not be returning) will get a pajama day!
Safe travels- Updated guidance from the Archdiocese of Chicago
- The Archdiocese of Chicago and Office of Catholic Schools follow the Chicago Emergency Travel Order, for domestic travel regardless of whether the traveler resides in the city of Chicago, Cook County or Lake County. In consultation with our medical advisors, we have updated our travel guidelines to conform to new guidance from public health authorities.
The following travel quarantine guidelines replace all prior guidance. Remember that public health departments discourage inter-state travel. We continue to recommend that Catholic school families and employees enjoy a safe spring break at home.
Domestic travel (state-to-state)
- No quarantine is necessary if the traveler is fully vaccinated, which is defined as two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination or two weeks after receiving a single-dose COVID-19 vaccination.
- Proof of vaccination will be required to avoid quarantines.
- Individual must not have symptoms and must maintain strict masking and physical distancing. If a fully vaccinated individual does have symptoms, he or she must quarantine and consult with a health care provider.
- Domestic travel in states designated Orange on the Chicago Emergency Travel Order map requires:
- Ten-day quarantine upon return if there is no negative pre-arrival test (any test administered by a third-party is sufficient; however, a self-administered test is not acceptable) or the traveler is not fully vaccinated (see above for definition of fully vaccinated) OR
- A pre-arrival negative test (within 72 hours prior to return arrival to the school) with strict masking, physical distancing and avoidance of in-person out-of-school gatherings. Archdiocesan schools should accept any negative test prior to school attendance, but no earlier than 72 hours prior to return arrival to the state. Any test administered by a third-party is sufficient; however, a self-administered test is not acceptable.
- For domestic travel in states designated as Yellow on the Chicago Emergency Travel Order map, no quarantine or pre-arrival test is required. However, travelers must maintain strict masking and physical distancing.
Regardless of vaccination status, international travelers must follow CDC guidelines:
- Traveler is to be tested three to five days after their return to the U.S. and must quarantine for a seven-day period even if the post-arrival test is negative (any test administered by a third-party is sufficient; however, a self-administered test is not acceptable).
- If traveler chooses not to take a test three to five days after their return to the U.S., he or she must quarantine for 10 days after arrival.
The COVID-19 pandemic has devastated families and communities around the world over the past year. However, vaccines are a ray of hope against a killer virus and have gained the approval of public health authorities, Pope Francis and Cardinal Cupich. As communities of faith concerned about the sanctity of human life, our religious leaders and Catholic school heroes are not only encouraging everyone to get vaccinated but are rolling up their sleeves to get a life-saving vaccine themselves.
Re-Registration for 2021-2022 School Year
We are now in the process of planning for the upcoming school year! Planning for our school budget, textbooks, resources and the programs we can offer is all impacted by our school’s enrollment. This year, we are going paperless! We are asking all our current families to recommit to Divine Providence Catholic School for the 2021-2022 academic year. Please complete re-registration HERE. The registration fee is $200.00 per family (non-refundable).
If you have any new student(s) in your household whom you plan on enrolling at Divine Providence for the next school year, please submit your child’s birth certificate, a new student application, immunization record and Baptismal certificate (if applicable) to Linda Hawkins, Director of Marketing and Enrollment at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not planning on returning to DP for the 2021-2022 school year, please let the school office know. Thank you!
Click here for instructions on how to obtain necessary tuition documents for 2020.
2019-2020 School yearbook- a few more copies left!
Please fill one form out for each child you would like to purchase a 2019 - 2020 yearbook. (This is LAST school year, not the current school year) Yearbook money will be billed to your FACTS account. Payment must be made upon billing in order to receive the yearbook. **Limited amount of yearbooks available!** Distribution o yearbooks will be in order of families that order one. Due to the limited quantity, we may not be able to fulfill every order. You will not be charged if we cannot fill your order.
The price for EACH book is $18.00
Use this link if you would like to purchase a 2019-2020 Divine Providence School yearbook
IMPORTANT - If anyone in your household tests for COVID-19
The reality is that children may be positive with the slightest of symptoms. Always keep our school in your communication.
April Lunch *
April 16 - NO LUNCH
April 19 - French toast sticks
April 20 - Salisbury Steak with gravy
April 21 - Hot dog
April 22- -Chicken tenders
April 23 - Rotini with meat sauce
April 26 - Deep Dish Pepperoni pizza
April 27 - chicken nuggets
April 28 - Mini Corn Dogs and Pretzel bites
April 29 - NO LUNCH, early dismissal
April 30 - NO SCHOOL Teacher in-service
* Menu subject to change
April 16 - Optional Parent/ Teacher conferences, 11:30 dismissal
April 29 - Early dismissal 1 PM - NO LUNCH
April 30 - NO SCHOOL, faculty inservice
May 1 - First Communion
May 11 - Late Start 9AM
May 31 - NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
June 2 - 8th grade last day of school
June 2 - 8th grade graduation
June 8 - Last day of school dismissal at 1:30 PM
2021 Early dismissal dates:
Click here to subscribe to the weekly Newsletter from the Archdiocese of Chicago Catholic Schools Office
Phone Number for Extended Care (To call or text during extended care hours) 773-682-6196
Divine Providence Staff 2020-2021
Please CLICK HERE for the faculty for 2020-2021