AJS Weekly Bison Tracks
May 20, 2021
- May 21 - School Closure Day
- May 24 - Victoria Day (Stat Holiday)
- May 25 - Return to in-school classes
- May 25, 26 & 27, 3:30-5:00 p.m. - DELF Prep Sessions
- May 26 - High School Course Drop Deadline
- June 2, 2:14 p.m. - Early Dismissal
- June 4, 8:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. - Grade 9 Celebration
- June 7 - DELF Partie Ecrite
- June 8 & 9 - DELF Partie Orale
- June 21 - National Indigenous People's Day
- June 23 - Last Day of Classes
- June 24 & 25 - 2021 Convocation Red Carpet Recognition
- June 28 - Last Operational Day
Parent Action Item- Feedback on School Goals and Strategy ideas
As we continue our work together in moving into next year, we will be focusing on the 3 below goals. Please email Principal Miss MJ Nam with any strategy ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your feedback.
EIPS PRIORITY: Promote Growth and Success for All Students
1-For all students to experience growth and success in the areas of literacy and numeracy by continuing to build a culture of school-wide collaboration.
EIPS PRIORITY: Enhance High Quality Learning and Working Environments
2-Building teacher capacity to improve student learning experiences, engagement, and differentiation through a variety of innovative instructional practices over the course of a school year.
EIPS PRIORITY: Enhance Public Education through effective engagement
3-Enhance public education by increasing community involvement, encouraging a culture of social responsibility, and developing empathetic citizens.
REMINDER: Library Books and Chrome Books
A friendly reminder to all students who have not yet returned their textbooks and novel studies from Quarters 1, 2 and 3 to please return them to the library next week.
For those who borrowed Chromebooks, please bring them back to school Tuesday, May 25th – you will be called from class to return them to the library.
2020-2021 Yearbooks - Order yours today!
This will be the last week to order your yearbook! You can purchase a copy through the PowerSchool Parent Portal website. Click on Fees and add the 2020/2021 Yearbook. You must pay the fee in full to submit your order. Deadline to order is May 31 and there will be no extra books to purchase in the fall so get your order in today.
Ardrossan Music Parents' Association
The following are the Ardrossan Music Parents’ Association executive:
- Chair: Celeste Burdinsky
- Vice Chair: Lee Dempsey
- Secretary: Santha Krishnasamy
- Treasurer: Leeann Mahe
- Fund Raising Coordinator: Arden Kilpatrick
- Special Events Coordinator: Kasia Spiker
Thank you for supporting our students and band program.
BETA Camp Summer Program
BETA Camp is an immersive 6-week virtual summer program (July 5 - August 13) for students in grades 8 to 12 that teaches them the fundamental skills in business, technology, and entrepreneurship as well as provides career guidance.
A few of the program highlights from past cohorts include:
- Design Thinking Workshop: Used leading technologies to empathize, define problems, and ideate; led by Head of Innovation at IKEA
- Copy.ai Challenge: Learned about storytelling and marketing in entrepreneurship, and applied this to create ads and landing pages in a challenge hosted by the CTO of Copy.ai, a startup that recently raised $2.4 million USD in seed funding
- Business vs. Tech Panel: Students were exposed to a variety of fields from leaders in Finance, Growth in Tech, and Engineering at Birch Hill Equity Partners, Stripe, and Wish
Building the Startup
The 6-week program puts students through all the core entrepreneurial stages, including design thinking, hypothesis testing, market research, building an MVP, and marketing and sales, to launch their own remote business.
Each team receives the personalized support of an industry mentor and teaching assistant for mentorship and feedback. To equip them with the knowledge they need, students also have access to on-demand video lessons, covering concepts from the top MBA programs and entrepreneurial accelerators.
At the end of the program, students pitch their real startups to a panel of judges, composed of founders, angel investors, and venture capitalists.
- Students can Sign Up to Attend one of our Information Sessions to learn more
- Complete the online application. The deadline to apply is May 31st at 11:59 PM EST. Students are accepted on a rolling basis, and we encourage students to apply sooner rather than later.
- See what our alumni say about BETA Camp, the business internship opportunities they have landed, and the amazing companies they have built HERE.
- For other inquiries about the program, fees, financial aid, and application process please visit www.beta.camp or reach out to email@example.com
Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns!
Buddy Up Men's Mental Health Campaign
Canadian Mental Health Association is hosting a webinar on May 27 at 1 PM about the Centre for Suicide Prevention’s Buddy Up campaign.
"In Canada, men have a suicide rate three times higher than women. Why? We have socialized men to be strong, stoic and self-reliant; showing emotion is a sign of weakness, as is asking for help. Men are dying in alarming numbers, all around us, alone. How can we change this reality?
Buddy Up is a campaign by men for men, promoting authentic conversations and teaching how to support a buddy if they're struggling with thoughts about suicide. Learn how to look out for your buddy and raise awareness for men’s suicide prevention. Buddy Up campaign month is in June 2021. Learn more at www.buddyup.ca"
Here is the Eventbrite link to register for this webinar: